Broken rear shock shafts (bottom plastic)

steel1517

I have broken 2 rear shocks shafts at the bottom plastic connection in the past month and was wondering if this is common and if so how to prevent it from happening so much. I have the newer stock lower rear arms with the thicker shock mount area and just put them on after the first break.

DarkSoul

Yes, we are releasing some shafts with removable/rebuildable aluminum rod ends, but they are still a 1-2 weeks out, so unfortunately, thats not an immediate option for you.

At least in regards to the stock plastic rod end, its just a fact of life, they tend to break from time to time, really all you can do is take it a little easier in regards to big jumps and really rough bashing.

winnn420

why not go with the PhatDad shock shafts. I put my rears on about 10 months ago and haven't broken a shaft or rod end since. I can't wait to see the DarkSoul shafts!

Hood

Shock limiters will keep you from breaking the ends. I haven't broken a rear shock since putting on the limiters..

Lunatik makes a great setup, otherwise make your own from old strapping..

Hood

cali213

I posted the same Q last week I must have broke 6 sets in a week not from rough driving either, I mean the slightest tumble would break my front ones, I bought 1 more set of stockers to hold me till the darksoul ones come out, they sound like they are the best! Hang in there I feel your pain