Bittersweet

Dolphinwelder

Well...same old story. My wife and I found ourselves in hard times, short of funds right at Christmas. So to give my wife and daughter a good Christmas, I sold my baja's, and any other rc worth anything. But something amazing happened. A guy on a local Facebook rc forum that I moderate is putting together a 5b that he's decided to sell me for dirt cheap! So it's sad my other Baja is gone, but at least I'm getting another one, and I get to start the upgrades again! Sometimes good things do happen! I don't have any pictures yet but as soon as I do I'll have them up!

mongospaz

That says a lot about you and your commitment to your family. Baja's will come and go, but your family is what makes you.
I will look around my spare parts ( upgrades ) and see what I have and if you will be interested in them.

shotimes

I know exactly what u mean. I had 5 Baja's, sold them all off for my family. A guy I knew had a brand new losi 5ive roller in the box and wanted to trade it straight for the last rc I had, a brushless emaxx.

Long story short, paying it forward feels great and sometimes quite rewarding!

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Adam

I commend you on what you did to make sure your family had a great Xmas. Its hard to let go of things at times in our lives but sometimes there are more important things. And like I said good things will come back to you and you can always replace those RC toys in time! Keep your head up and stay positive bro! 8)

ratpower396

sorry to hear about you tough times and wish you better luck in 2014 and hope the Baja is a great morale booster.

Dolphinwelder

Thanks guys! I really miss my rc's, hopefully this next year will be better. I love the slash 4x4 I'm building but it's no Baja, or sc8.2e lol but seeing my family on Christmas morning was all worth what I sacrificed.