Battery Life

Theostubbs

How long is everyone getting on what kind of batteries? Go ahead and post!!

I'm using Plazma 3S 3800 35C, and Thunderpower 3S 4300's 35C. I only am getting 15-20 minutes at most during spirited driving on dirt tracks and 10-13 min on gravel and short grass.

I'm finding that the batteries are really sucking... and both sets are sagging real bad, and getting damaged. 35C is not a high enough C rating... or 4000mah is not enough capacity. Definitely a problem for me.

I'm starting to research if anyone has created modified battery trays to handle larger batts?

-Theo

Theostubbs

I've created some custom battery trays. I'm going to start running two 6S 5000mAh batteries. I am hoping this will make for 30+ minute runs, similar to a gasser.

Attached is a picture of the trays, almost complete.

Last edited:

Troyster

6s 5000mah is impressive. Looks like your battery tray is a perfect size for the battery once you stick a piece of foam (or something) in the front. Well done!! Are you mounting up two of these?

Theostubbs

Yep. I'll mount up two 6S 5000mAh;s. These are the same batteries I use in my Habu 32DF, and my Trex 700E, so it's great that I can make them work with the Super 5SC also.

I hope to get some run times today or tomorrow. Will post, also will post final pics trays complete pictures.

-theo

Theostubbs

Ran 2 sets of batteries. Got over an hour run time each. Not exactly racing speeds, but still great life!

silverss

has anyone used the 5000nimh venom battery hump pack for The Baja ? seen em on eBay for $30 . I have a quality name brand hump pack in my Baja I won't say the name its failing to hold a charge and its not even that old , I think it stuffed up because I left it un charged for nearly a year . I have made my own 6 volt batterys using energizer rechargeables that have lasted longer uncharged and had longer run times too they were only 2500 mah .