Baja Super 5SC Flux - Love it!

Thread starter #1
What's not to love!
I bought 2 of them! They might not be 'super' popular with the 5th Scale boys (and girls)... But 4WD/AWD, Electric... Unreal fun... I live on a golf course, and run them over the Table Top Tee's... :tongue: :nuke:...

Engineering seems very good. Broke one of the axel mounts (my fault), and swapped the left rear, for right rear, and didn't even need a new part, due to clever engineering, and parts minimization!

Burnt the steering servo... Chucked in a 20kg Savox Servo! :drool: Happy Days!... In fact, the extra response from the powerful servo caused my crash that caused me to swap the left/right hub/axel mounts...

I have a Blitz Flux (1/10 Scale)... Lots of fun, but I have so many options to run/bash my 1/5th scale... So the 5SC Flux gets extra work!

I bought extra battery packs, so I can blast along in 1 locations, then I have the option to continue, change locations, or go home...

Next, I'm hunting some nice desert Dakar style runs...

HPI Baja Super 5SC - best RC Car/Truck I have owned! By a mile... Before that, the HPI Blitz Flux was the best I've had! Happy Days. :drool:

Thread starter #2
Baja Super 5SC Flux - Cancelled!?

I think this "Truck" has finished production! Maybe?

No longer on the HPI website! I had heard that the HPI Wholesalers had been pushing the product... must have been trying to "run them out"!

Anyway, I have mine... Actually I went a bought a 2nd one, saw a new one on eBay at a really nice price... Plus the Savage Flux Parts mostly fit it anyway.

Thread starter #5
Mini 5SC... Better known as The Blitz! (10SC :) :D My Brushless model, on the beach, low tide). :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPsnMdYEftw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUYHGoFQO8H4CCE0oRyF9gnw[/ame]

Thread starter #7
F#@k me guys, it feels like I'm talking to myself in here! :D
Oh hang on, I am! :D

I went out for more bashing again today (5SC Flux), and the 20kg Savox Steering Servo has stripped out something. Servo still working strong! It's a "down the line" issue... I've seen it on YouTube...

I did the servo upgrade, but not that aluminium clamp part... Need that clamp part now... But they are both cheap and easy fixes, but in all honesty, HPI should have just included these 2 upgrades, out of the box! Seems like the most common issues.

Got 90% through the battery packs before the issue... So I was happy! :)
In fairness, the front wheels were deep into the dust/dirt (we call it Bull-dust in Australia). The front wheels were digging in, shoveling dirt around, working hard! So at least I could understand why the little repair is required!

Last edited:
Thread starter #8
Video from today uploading... wait...

PS - I like 1 take video! No edits! Raw! :)
I shot this video while warming up, then went for a flat track bash, then came back for more here, but doing clockwise loops, 50% harder than in the video! I wish I had of shot the second session on this side of the hill. (opposite side from previous footage, above... looks similar though... But it is a different portion of hill)

To give an indication of power, in this video I was lucky to even use 1/3 of the power.... 1/2 power max... Just doing little rooster tails up the hill... Just warming up.

Last edited:
Thread starter #9
I'm still working on getting the right angles, and driving with the angles of the camera! Sorry! :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDllZO-lU1A&list=UUYHGoFQO8H4CCE0oRyF9gnw&feature=c4-overview[/ame]

markymizzle

Gotta admit I have a tried and tested bullet proof/pimped put 5b, losi 5, and 5sc with castle conversion and kraken cage....

By far my fav is the electric 5scE, wheelies on demand, plenty top end and minimal break downs compared to others

For gas my losi 5 wins, mostly stock except motor/pipe/springs/gears, runs great and never ends a day early bc of a simple fix - really bullet proof truck in stock form

RC Foobar

You're not alone :) ... but indeed, the Super 5SC Flux seems to have failed to capture the imagination of 1/5 drivers. Most of the online commentary I've seen summarily dismisses it for being "just" a stretched Savage, for having "1/8" electrics, or for being electric at all.

For my part, I figure those are all good reasons to like the car. 4wd and electric and ready availability of Savage parts are all good.

I've got a Kraken RC Class 1 TSK body kit on mine, and I'm looking to put in an 8S motor.

Here's a picture (a "proper" Class 1 front bumper hasn't been installed yet).

And below, a video of it running with a Baja 5T body on it, which looks really great.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/12505960904/

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyu14tBR6m0"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyu14tBR6m0[/ame]

RC Foobar

And there's a daytime video with the original body, at a local sand pit.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wBprOoG72s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wBprOoG72s[/ame]