Baja nos

BobTheGuy

Looks cool! But probably very heavy and i think nos is more of a gimmick in these small engines.
i haven't seen N.O.S. make anything for this small of an engine yet, all i've seen on any nitrous-equipped baja so far is RBI.
and yes it does have a hefty performance gain, i used a nitrous system on a spindle ped that was awesome, threw me on my ass every time, hahaha

Last edited:

bajarog

i haven't seen N.O.S. make anything for this small of an engine yet, all i've seen on any nitrous-equipped baja so far is RBI.
and yes it does have a hefty performance gain, i used a nitrous system on a spindle ped that was awesome, threw me on my ass every time, hahaha
I had an oddified nos kit on one of my baja's it had a programmable ECU so that you could have it kick in at a certain rpm or in 2 stages, it worked really well and was dyno'd at a reliable 12hp.

BobTheGuy

I had an oddified nos kit on one of my baja's it had a programmable ECU so that you could have it kick in at a certain rpm or in 2 stages, it worked really well and was dyno'd at a reliable 12hp.
awesome! which jets/injectors did you use? i had trouble getting way too much flow, even with the smallest orifices i was able to come up with.

Last edited:

SaTx5b

That thing looks good, i think to good to drive and get dirty. I would be afraid to drive, wouldn't want to scratch anything. But still looks great man.

SaTx5b

Anyone else notice the two piece fuel tank, looks good. I think it would make cleaning the inside easier when dirt gets in there. Where did you get the tank from.

Maxxheadroom

I designed and patented the very first nitrous oxide system for RC cars about 10 years ago, we were primarily running them on 10th scale nitros, however at the time I did fit just about everything I owned that had an engine with nitrous oxide. I can tell you on small engine nitrous makes a HUGE difference, and contrary to popular belief it does not cause massive damage to the engine, in fact we ran 2 engines, both got identical break in, both had 50 tanks of fuel ran through them, we ran them both at the same time so they had the same running conditions. The only difference was 1 of the engines got 5 bottles of nitrous oxide ran through it, the other just ran fuel. After we ran 50 tanks of fuel we broke the engines down and measured all the internals, there was no significant difference between the two.

Heavymetal

Awsome looking Baja! My only critique, the boost bottle needs the shortest line possible to be really effective. Directly coupled to the manifold is preferable and it should be volume-matched to the engines displacement...nice rig though!