Baja dragster build. Mine is called "The Mistress" (Picture Heavy)

itzantm4n

Made a few changes to the mistress. Swapped out turtle hd parts for carbon and placed an open carrier in place of the enclosed carrier and I changed the 19 drive gear back to a 20 since I was fighting for traction the last outing. I also put in a max hex, but the bolt that holds the brake hex to the layshaft stripped on me. Some pictures:

The goodies (Thanks Manny!)

After:

The stripped bolt. Im just gonna run it until the bolt breaks again.

It managed to get in about 80% before the screw stripped.

itzantm4n

Thanks Manny! I haven't weighed her at all. The last time I weighed her i got was 29lb. That was when she was at her heaviest last year before i decided to drag race.

weeman

My fg weighed in at about 25 lbs last year this year i shed some serious weight got it down to 17lbs you got some serious cars out at floyd this year hope ur ready... ????

itzantm4n

I hope so too. The event you are trying to put together with the hpi bajas and stock fg chassis. Is there going to be a minimum weight limit? Does it look like its gonna happen this season?

weeman

I hope so too. The event you are trying to put together with the hpi bajas and stock fg chassis. Is there going to be a minimum weight limit? Does it look like its gonna happen this season?
There are only 2 or 3 stock fg chassis left so it might not happen hpi will be on a class of there own

logon69

Well I am sure you are down to 25-26 by now and I am sure we can work on getting her lower!
I have a lot less aluminum on my baja and that where I come in. A lot of those parts don't make the baja go faster but it sure does look good.

Oli&Ril77's

I have a lot less aluminum on my baja and that where I come in. A lot of those parts don't make the baja go faster but it sure does look good.
ha ha! you're right about that! I just enjoy going there to watch everyone run, but if I tried to set up a car for that track I probably be way more than a stock Baja 5b, do to making it look pretty. I'd make sure I look good going slower, lol...