baja drag car?

hemmy50

well its ben a wile since i posted any thing here.after cheking on big motors i have found it gets very pricy.so i have gone a different rout.electric for what i am going to use it for the electric was a beter chouse for me.

hemmy50

this is the new one the v2 model with 8s lipos it should be fast enough plus have reverce.i will have this up and running soon.still working on the vett body and mounts.i have mounted the bateries and speed controler to balence the weight better.i dont want it to wheely i want it to handel well like a vett.

hemmy50

i have put this project off for a wile.but now nicer weather is here its time to get back to work on it.i hope to have it done in a month from now.with any luck i have all the parts just need the time to finish it before summer is over.

hemmy50

yes the brp tires they look hevy but there not.they dont weight any more than a stock 5t tire.they have plastic rims and mostly foam with a rubber band around the out side.thats the nice thing about the brp tires .

hemmy50

i am sad to say i am unable to finish this project.luckily i have sold the chassis to a forum member.i had high hopes to make this run but for reasons i can not do it .mods you can delete this thread if you want i wont be posting on it any more. sorry guys to let you down.

dscjester

Hemmy, I would keep the thread alive so others can use the tips you have posted. I am the forum member that bought hemmy's chassis from him. And Hemmy, if I ever sell it, I will reach out to you first to see if you want to restart the project. Thanks!

hemmy50

thank you dscjester i have rethought my idea of this project again. i guess that happens when building a one of a kind car.it wont be a drag car but i will still be using the corvette body.

hemmy50

the other day i finely got the e convertion up and running with stock chassis and tires.to my surprise it ran well with plenty of power and speed.here is the very first 2 min. of run time kinda boring but i will have to get use to the power of this thing.next will be running the over sized brp tires and then a custom built chassis that will not be any thing like the baja chassis. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKXCOHueN04&list=UU9BTZEk7WcrXbJ5hBgwFOOQ&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

hemmy50

yes i am near a very nice paved oval track.i have ben testing the e-baja to see how it performs and i am really liking it.this is a project i tried and has way to much power for an 8s set up.Sorry for the delay but i feel now i am ready to get the vett up and running.