Baja 5b to pro-2 conversion

cqt

Alright, we'll I figured it was about time to start a thread on this. I've been working with Kris at 2nd gen designs and have his full pro-2 conversion kit on the way along with many other goodies. Here's a preliminary teaser with losi cage and body sitting on assembled 5b

And here it is now, basically stripped down in need of some cleaning but pretty much ready to start conversion.

Much more to come...

Last edited by a moderator:

NitroManiac

looks good! rear wheel doesnt really look centered in the spot though? what are you going to do about that?

shotimes

The pro 2 kit stretches the hpi to a losi 5ive length. 1 3/4 inches longer so the body will fit once the chassis is built.

cqt

Yeah, that first picture is just the losi body on top of my 5b before any work commenced. As far as the length I'm not 100% positive but I believe it s 1-3/4". I'll know for sure soon though!

Last edited:

cqt

It's NEVER dirty. Funny thing is, that's from about 5 mins of running a couple weeks ago when snow melted and I THOUGHT ground was all solid. WRONG! On another note, I maybe selling my kraken chassis with Scorpion brace. The pro-2 kit uses a new/ different front lower brace and I'm not sure if the rear holes will line up with holes I already drilled. So if that's the case I'm not drilling new holes. Getting more excited waiting for this.

cqt

Well, quick update. DDM Claus showed up along with a couple more goodies

Here's where build is at......cleaning.

cqt

Ok. So I've started actually assembling new pieces. I am going to try and include as many pictures as I can since everyone likes pictures. First I installed the bartolone panels to keep as much junk out as possible.

My only complaint is the "BR" logo is only on one side panel and there's only one sticker. How is it going to be balanced with only one sticker. It will probably always pull to the right now.

Next I installed the ffrc front 2/3 windshield.

Fits nice and looks nice. The rear panels will have to wait. Still have something special planned with those. That's all for tonight. My fingers are too sore from peeling the excess off the new MXT's.

cqt

As far as the Kraken chassis goes, it will work for the kit. The only thing I am not sure about is if the new lower brace that comes with the 2nd gen kit will line up with the holes that are already drilled for the scorpion lower brace. I will did out tomorrow. If they don't line up, then it will be for sale and I'll just grab another X2. I'm really hoping they do since this chassis only has 2 runs on it.

cqt

Well. Not much happening at this point. I got some more stuff from large scale and DDM today. My big package from 2nd gen got hung up at post office so that will have to wait.

Nothing too interesting here. Some new screws to freshen everything up a bit along with other odds and ends. We had some nice weather today so i took my XL Flux out for her first spin and WOW what an animal. No video but a couple pictures.

Anyways. Got some new shiny parts installed.
also did a little shining on my bead locks. Big difference! More to come in the next week or two.

cqt

Just got home and found a pleasant surprise. All I can say is WOW!
I can't wait to get started on this! On another note, the lower brace holes do not line up with scorpion holes that I have already drilled. Brace is about 1/2" shorter in length, so im going to look in another direction for this. thanks Kris!

Last edited:

cqt

I see in the instructions for the pipe it uses 2 copper gaskets. Would reinforced gaskets work? What's the reason for the copper gaskets? Just curious because I used one before and it leaked. (No I didn't use silicone because I didnt have any :))

Eric Hill

Media
Copper

I see in the instructions for the pipe it uses 2 copper gaskets. Would reinforced gaskets work? What's the reason for the copper gaskets? Just curious because I used one before and it leaked. (No I didn't use silicone because I didnt have any :))
This was just done to allow you to remove and install the pipe as you need with out buying gaskets.

Tbredon

Looking great man.

Just a little FYI. A rest cage panel won't fit directly over the rear shock tower. It sticks a hair to high.