Baja 5B Flux - Help needed

PedaWdorf

Dear Flux Experts,

I am running a Mamba XL / 2028 Combo on my Baja - I am really happy with this Motor/esc but I have some questions on my output power - showed in the logfiles. My peaks are not higher than 3.000 Watts and 110 A. Any idea???

some samples to understand my setup

logfile 1 - 5.000 a - 20C (burst 30c) - turnigy - running offroad

logfile 2 - 5.800 a - 60C (burst 90c) - Zippy - running onroad (Speed around 75 km/h - 14t pinion)

Mamba Settings
http://www.hpi-baja.de/wcf/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=13002&h=8deae4511a743ac56f70c96366a1e33b3065ce63

My questions:
- do i have a lipo issue (too less power)
- is the Motor not forced enough - i feel a hell of Punch when i am driving the car
- do i have a wrong Settings im my Mamba esc

Many Thanks for your help
Ciao - Peter

Sandblaster

Welcome to the forums Peter.

You need to save your pictures to your computer and then attach them to this forum or your pictures wont show. You can see them but thats becouse you are member of the forum baja.de.

Its quite normal readings for onroad depending on tires and surface grip. Hard to tell without a video or so. Higher traction and you get higher readings.

If you drive offroad on high grip surface with good tires you will see alot higher values. Also the 20C batteries are too weak, cant supply the current so only use the 60C ones for best performance.

Your voltage dips alot on the second pic, its not good for the batteries if they are the couse. what connectors are you using ? I would recommend connectors that can take atleast 250amps. XT150 or 8mm connectors etc. What is your ripple ?

Last edited:

PedaWdorf

TheUnclean

Ur 20c batteries are def to low. I'm using 5000mah 40-80c they do great. After a short run I had 5% ripple at most and 275 amps peak. I would recommend 8mm connectors I use them and the work great. On my ESC I set the current limit to 275amps. I get around 6000-8000w on a typical run.

Sandblaster

Ur 20c batteries are def to low. I'm using 5000mah 40-80c they do great. After a short run I had 5% ripple at most and 275 amps peak. I would recommend 8mm connectors I use them and the work great. On my ESC I set the current limit to 275amps. I get around 6000-8000w on a typical run.
Highest i have hit is 5800w @ 203Amps and that is with Hostile MXT tires. Ripple is low.
I got two things i will try, install the cap pack to help with voltage drop/ripple and install a 16T pinion and redo the soldering on my battery connectors to make sure they are good. I also use the Gens Ace batteries. I accedently bought two cap packs, i wonder if installing both would make any difference to one ?

TheUnclean

Installing 2 cap packs in parralel would give u double the capacitance meaning even lower ripples. But the spark may be a bit nasty if u go with 2 is put an anti spark on it

PedaWdorf

All,

thanks for your tips - i odered today

- new lipos 5.000 / 45c
- cap pack from Castle
- new plugs - xt150

I will update you if those actions solved my power issues

Ciao
Peter

TheUnclean

Try raising the amp limit in the ESC settings if u havnt. I think if u set it to costume u got up to 300amps or so. Should help if ur running default limiting

PedaWdorf

Guys,

did the following

XT150 conntectors
new lipos - 45C 5000mA
18T pinion

onroad topspeed 90 km/h - and above

logfile

187A Peak
5200 Watts

This is now file for me

Thanks for your tips and help