anyone in central FL? (orlando)

sharpe351

I e-mailed the track people about a class. I think they would accomodate us, if there are enough of us there. I do agree about the bash session before the track deal. We should get to know eachother a little before a real racin' deal. I've even got some cones so we could set up a practice track thingy to play around with before hand. I think we should do something around mid to late summer for the Avon Park deal. I would like to plan it so we can all go and there would be no schedule conflicts. I'm open to any ideas you guys may have for the bash session and the racing thing too. If any particular issues arise, you can PM me and I'll try to sort it out. I really want to involve the whole family on my part, that's why I need time to set up the racing thing.

-Mike

boofwah

I only have a few weekends open in May before I transfer from my job here and go to a school in Virginia for a while. After that I'll be living up in Jacksonville. Keep this going. I'll tell you what really needs to happen is that all CFL (and any surrounding area) forum guys need to be identified! That way we could start sending out mass PM's with information and be able to deconflict schedules easier.

Jeff :sailor:

sharpe351

I only have a few weekends open in May before I transfer from my job here and go to a school in Virginia for a while. After that I'll be living up in Jacksonville. Keep this going. I'll tell you what really needs to happen is that all CFL (and any surrounding area) forum guys need to be identified! That way we could start sending out mass PM's with information and be able to deconflict schedules easier.

Your quite right Jeff. I know that there are some out there that have Bajas that have no idea that this forum exists. I know there are more Baja nuts out there than just us!:gunsmilie:
-Mike

sharpe351

And so they say,"If I can get at least four of your Baja's on the track then we'll race em'. The more the merrier. So get your group together and come on down".--Keith......He's the track rep. His words to your eye guys. Lets get it going!

sharpe351

I think we should do something near boofwah's area.
Jeff, do you think you could find a park to disturb near you or in Cocoa? LMK what you come up with. Hopefully soon 'cause I know you'll be out for a while soon.

-Mike

boofwah

Mike,

I haven't really looked for any parks. I've just been looking for sand. I have a large field behind my house, but its on Patrick AFB. So the only spots that I've run so far are the SE corner of SR-524 and SR-528 and also off US-1 just North of SR-528 by the Econo Lodge (which really, really sucked because of all the ruts). I've been quite satisfied with the first location. Lots of space to run, gas station up the street and no one to complain. You guys have paddles? If not then I'll check around the area for another spot to run.

sharpe351

I don't have paddles yet, but I do have the proline badlands. They seem to do pretty well in this good 'ol Florida sand. Keep your eyes peeled and I will to. There are some construction areas out my way that look pretty promising.

-Mike

boofwah

Rick has had paddles out there at Graves RC in the past. You might check online to see. I have a set of the Badlands. They're a second gen set too. I sent mine in to Proline because the first set was bulging terribly at the bead. These are better.