anyone in central FL? (orlando)

Soulabuse

Lake Mary here. Got a question for some of you. How quick do you think we would get kicked off the beach here in florida? where would be the best beach to go to? how bad is it for our baja's to run on the beach?

north50

Jeff,

Your build thread is outstanding, you have built alot of the same things I'll be doing. From the links of the mat and Elcon build to the insight of the servo and axle extender issues, you have saved me so many headaches and time. My parents live up your way in Brandon, we will have to bash when I'm running. Nice looking Baja

Mike

boofwah

That's great to hear, Mike. I do have some other threads out there that involved building/modding/fixing. Just do a search using my screenname. But I'm just one part of the puzzle to making these things bulletproof. There are some really great people on here that are not shy about sharing info or pics of how they hooked up their rides. Just take your time and read the forums first. Its what I did. Oh, and don't be afraid to ask questions...no matter how dumb they may be. This is a very *ahem* mature audience.

Jeff :sailor:

boofwah

Lake Mary here. Got a question for some of you. How quick do you think we would get kicked off the beach here in florida? where would be the best beach to go to? how bad is it for our baja's to run on the beach?
With Spring Break going on I don't think you'd be able to do much. There's a lot of people on the beach (especially down at Patrick AFB/Cocoa Beach where I live) and I don't think there'd be enough room to run. From Jetty Park, in Cape Canaveral, all the way down to Patrick AFB there are alot of people on the beach almost every day. I'm wondering if a little further south, like Satellite or Melbourne Beach, would be better because of the lack of attractions. Sealing the radio box, spraying exposed metal parts with WD-40 and staying away from the waves are some great starters to run on the beach. Cleaning is part of the game if you want to play that mean to your baja.

Mel16m

I drive my baja on the beach, it does start to show some rust after a few months but just on the driveshafts. I talked to the wildlife comission guy and he said it's no problem, just dont be an ass with it, then I talked to a park ranger and he showed us the florida statute stating you cannot drive r/c cars in public parks unless there is a sanctioned part of the park designated for r/c cars.... so the way i'm taking it is I am gonna drive it till they kick me out anyways

Last edited:

sharpe351

Alright, we should set up something to all get together. We need to do something big. I'd even say to go to Tampa or something. I've got fams down there. Or go to the coast and disturb the beaches. I'm gonna look around me for a large field and scout come areas soon.

boofwah

I'd be interested in what you come up with. I bash here:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/cocoa+fl/#a/maps/l:::Cocoa:FL::US:28.385799:-80.742203:city:Brevard+County/m:hyb:14:28.399971:-80.762455:0::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

I went down to Port St. Lucie this past Sunday and bashed with four guys last Sunday:

http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25055

They're trying to organize a trip up here next. It will happen. Its going to take some time and energy to make it all happen, but it will. There will be a CFL Baja GTG!

hoppycar

I'm fixin to have some time off so I'll have some free time. Put some times & places together & lets see what happens....

sharpe351

why don't we aim for something really big. Mabye Avon Park raceway. The dirt track is HUGE. It should be more than enough room for the Bajas. I'll try to post the site where I found the track. Rumor has it that 1/8th scale buggys can TQ by running 3 laps. 1,100ft long track with 11 turns. http://www.dcoffroadrcpark.org/ is the web page. Check it out and LMK what y'all think. I'll try to contact the people and find out if they'll let us race it. http://www.dcoffroadrcpark.org/ort1.htm for pics of the track.

-Mike

boofwah

Hmm. Looks like fun. Around a 2 hour or 120 mile drive for me to get there, though. I suck at track driving, but at least you're trying to get guys together. That's what counts. A bash session does need to happen though.

north50

I'm up for the Avon Park Track, looks like a good time. At the rate we are going I'll have 2 bajas when we get together:laugh:

Last edited: