Any reviews on TR "grabber" clutch bell??

fwzflqwer

I have eyes on this clutch bell since it first released. Somehow, nobody talks about this clutch bell even tutrtle themslves.

My old clutch bell came with the V1 HD clutch system. After many litres of petrol done on it the inside of the clutch bell is almost able to let me use as mirro to shave. I'm not sure if that will have any influence on power delivery.

My rig has a 30.5cc TS engine and a VRC pro pipe which made it a powerful monster. Just makes me wonder if I will loose any power due to the "mirro" clutch bell.

By the way, I'm running Elcon clutch on my rig but it seems will last forever. After 1 year there is no sign of wear. However, the hpi clutch will only last one month. Maybe the long lasting of Elcon clutch is caused by my slippery clutch bell??

Therefore, will the Elcon clutch gonna wear out very quick if I purchased "grabber" clutch bell?

Do I need to purchase this new clutch bell to replace the old one? Or it's fine to have the inside like a mirro.

Here is the product link on DDM
http://www.davesmotors.com/gt237

Bonzai 94

I am wondering this also...I have Elcon clutch and V1 TR clutch system also and wondered about the grabber bell.
If you have any question if your current bell is slipping,take it out and hit it with sandpaper or I use the sanding drum on the dremel to rough it up..put some sanding marks on it opposite the way the clutch marks on bell.

jbooker82

Yep I take the sanding drum on a dremal to my clutch bell and shoes when ever I take it out. That way you break the glaze on the bell and shoes.

TurtleRacing

Media
If you want to hear from me on the subject, I don't use any other bell. It really does grab better than any other bell, we have tested them all. They work great with aftermarket clutches too. Less slipping means less heat and less clutch wear.
We are very happy with the performance and will put it against any bell out there, all anyone has to do is give it a try and they're hooked.
All of our sponsored drivers are given the option to run any bell and they all rave about the Grabber Bell.
Unfortunately I think most people don't understand how it works and develop a predetermined misconception about it. Everyone that tries it, is hooked immediately.

Last edited:

vadn1

DDM website states, "Turtle Racing Billet "Grabber" Clutch Bell for TR HD Clutch Systems, This is only for use with the Turtle Racing HD clutch system." Will the TR grabber clutch bell work with the TR Version2 HD clutch system? I'm guessing it would, but a confirmation would be reassuring prior to ordering and installing.

shreadhead

Media
If you want to hear from me on the subject, I don't use any other bell. It really does grab better than any other bell, we have tested them all. They work great with aftermarket clutches too. Less slipping means less heat and less clutch wear.
We are very happy with the performance and will put it against any bell out there, all anyone has to do is give it a try and they're hooked.
All of our sponsored drivers are given the option to run any bell and they all rave about the Grabber Bell.
Unfortunately I think most people don't understand how it works and develop a predetermined misconception about it. Everyone that tries it, is hooked immediately.
I choose to run it in the OBR twin, aka the company car and my sand buggy with the lauter clutch and they both held up well enough to take home 4 trophys from 6 events at Dunetoberfest. Thank you Turtle Racing.