Announcing: "Baja's @ Bimbadeen 2011" 2 day largescale off road race event

klh mx10

Well guys finally i've got to a point where i can make this a reality!!

Baja's @ Bimbadeen 2011

Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th of May 2011

Bimbadeen raceway/Wylie bay sand dunes, Esperance WA.

Open to all types/brands of largescale cars, buggy truck, 4x4 etc.

This 2 day West Ozzy event comprises of 3 race events on Saturday:

*Flat track
*Oval
*Baja-X

Sunday is a fun day out our amazing pure white dunes with the following events:

*Sand drags (uphill arab style)
*Hillclimb (gnarly hill with marker pegs - highest climber wins or quickest to top)
*Gymkhana events (head to head - barrel racing,etc)
*BIG AIR

At this stage i'm looking at having the classes as Amatuer and Pro, and possibly a 4wd class if enough entries.

For the circuit racing i don't believe engine displacement or overall power will make much difference - more about skill level/experience of the driver.

Looking to have overall champs for each days seperate events - through heats and a final on Saturdays races, and accumulated points on Sunday.

There will be an award for overall champ from the 2 days events also with points accumulated across every event from the weekend to reward the most diverse and consistant drivers in each class willing to tackle everything.

Please feel free to ask questions in this thread or pm me or i can be contacted at: [email protected] and on 0417 972 365.

I'm really hoping this event will be supported by those that can make the long trip - i assure you guys it'll be worth it as it'll be one of the best largescale driving/racing weekends you'll ever have.

I've already got JPI earthworks as a sponsor so the tracks will be in 100% condition and even getting some better soil carted for the track surfaces. There will be no dust Saturday as the tracks have reticulation and have a water cart organised plus a fire fighting unit.

And for Sunday well we have the best dunes in Australia - period!

Seeya's in May!!!

Here's a link for tourist info and accomodation etc:

http://www.visitesperance.com/

Cheers, Kane.

Ok here's a prelimanary list of entrants so far.

This will be updated and names added and confirmed as time goes on.

To explain the classes - basically the amatuer class is for newer guys that havn't driven much or had bugger all experience - Pro is for those who've raced at Bajamania or had their cars for awhile and feel reasonably competent driving them. This will help me with logistics when the event draws closer. 4x4 is pretty self explanitory...

The list so far:

Esperance locals:

1. Kane - Pro and 4x4

2. Wombat - Pro

3. Cam - Am

4. Hoff - Am

5. Mat - Am

6. Bruce - Am - roster?

7. Dwayne - Am

8. Liam - Am

9. Neil - Am

10. Greg - Am

11. Greg's son - Am

12. Crasha (Craig) - Am

South Ozzies:

13. Redline - Pro and 4x4

14. Zenburger - Pro and 4x4

15. Crusty Fritz - pro and 4x4

West ozzies:

16. Acepaint - Pro

17. Zac - Am

18. Lovett - Am

19. BigKel - Pro

20. Nardz27 - ?

21. GTR1080 - Pro

22. Feral 5B - pro

23. End - class?

24. Brewer01 - Pro

25. Brewer senior - ?

26. Unibaja - Pro

27. matty180 - Pro

28.Johnny - pro

29.Colin - pro

30.Martin - pro

31. Nitro Bug - Am ?

32. cpt_BULB - Am

33. Matthew Hunter - ?

34. Benckie - Pro

35. Virt - Am

36. 1maddatto - ?

37. worpor - Am and 4x4

Victorians:

38. Craig#991 - Pro and 4x4 ?

Last edited:

klh mx10

Hey Grant that's awesome!

I'm really hoping most of the WALSOA crew can come down and support the event, i'm putting alot of effort into it to make sure it's heaps of fun!

Sounds like hopefully i might get some SALS members over for it so an interstate event possibly!

And trying to fill in the big hole in the calender other than Bajamania for the year

GTiR1080

I will be there to Kane. Going to be great to have another largescale event outside of bajamania :gunsmilie:.
Been looking forward to it since you told me you want to do it :lol:. Good work on getting it going to.

klh mx10

And for those who havn't seen my tracks before here are some pics that will be raced on Saturday. The oval track hasn't been constructed yet but will be in the weeks leading up to the event.

Keep in mind the tracks will be in better condition than these pics and will have a few changes made to keep things interesting.

The flat track (bad panorama... )

And the Baja-X track

And our snow white dunes at Wylie bay where Sundays events will take place.

Just take a look in the background of a couple of the pics to see how much area there is, and this is just one section of the system at Wylie bay - 10 minute drive from the centre of town, and only about 6 minutes from where saturdays events will be at my property.

klh mx10

Cant wait to hit the dunes down there. They look unreal. Hope you are gonna tie charger up otherwise you might have an unofficial entry in the circuit races :lol:.
Ha ha yeah he's gonna have to spend the day at my Nan's otherwise he'll bark himself to death trying to chase the buggies!:lol:

unibaja

Brilliant work Kane.This is sure to raise some interest here in W.A. at a time when we desperatley need it.I would hope all that can make this event surely will and get behind a great weekends fun .Well done mate.

Matty180

Am willing to car pool with some one + share in fuel costs etc etc. + if you got room for baja 5T, Toolbox, eski + milk crate of wheels,fuel container. Can only confirm at closer to meet date though.

klh mx10

A nice little early surprise today - Johny Ivers rang me from JPI earthworks and dropped me out two loads of really good yellow sand for free that has a bit of clay through it, i've driven in the sandpit where it came from and when wet has heaps of traction and doesnt blow away like the sand in my paddocks.

It will be used as a 4 inch thick layer on all the jump faces and berms after they've been reshaped/rebuilt in late April ready for the event - this will hold the jumps and track together alot better.

The truck in the pic will be the drivers stand too on Saturdays track events! Heaps of room for several blokes at a time.

klh mx10

Why is that? Now half of it is doubled up.

Trying to aim at WA owners (in WALSO section) and possible east coast entries as have a few already.