5sc flux

gofastturnleft

Well no one here can say this isn't expected. But the good news is, the Baja 5b flux was also shown, with proper 2028 motor and XL2 ESC and 8s power! Now that would be interesting! I wonder how long before Losi pounce with an electric 5ive. It's so easy to do that it would be silly not to for them!
This is what doesn't make sense. Why put the castle kit in the buggy and a flux 1/8 scale esc/motor in the truck...?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.564566,-92.545504

WAY

This is what doesn't make sense. Why put the castle kit in the buggy and a flux 1/8 scale esc/motor in the truck...?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.564566,-92.545504
The Flux is a Castle kit anyway, but a Mamba Monster and 1515 motor instead. I think what you will find is that:
1. The 5sc flux is A LOT lighter than the Baja 5b flux, therefore the smaller Castle motor still moves it pretty well.
2. The 5sc Flux will have a street price of $900ish, whereas the 5b flux would be well into the $1400ish mark. That is my prediction anyway. So the 5sc will attract new customers into the 5th scale arena I think. Of course, the 5sc flux won't be anywhere near as quick (say 40mph max as opposed to 62mph for the Baja Flux).

KILLROY

I think they will put a mamba 1/5 scale motor and esc in the 5sc, but right now they have a cheaper version to get people into 1/5 scale.

easydozit

I think they will put a mamba 1/5 scale motor and esc in the 5sc, but right now they have a cheaper version to get people into 1/5 scale.
Yea but how much cheaper , if this kit was $600-$700 max I'd probly get one just to see what's up but I think it's gonna be a grand or close to it an for that much I won't do it

rednec_d

Well no one here can say this isn't expected. But the good news is, the Baja 5b flux was also shown, with proper 2028 motor and XL2 ESC and 8s power! Now that would be interesting! I wonder how long before Losi pounce with an electric 5ive. It's so easy to do that it would be silly not to for them!
Go look on DDM in the 5ive section, conversion kit for the 5ive running a castle brushless setup complete with videos. Actually way more impressive than the "4x4 sc" we saw a while back. They claim they hit 70mph with their setup.

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.8982/.f

twissted

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ascJnO-mKeE[/ame]
This is a HPI Maverick Vader that is set up 8s and has Baja rims. it is much like mine.

Hpibajajumper

heck i dont even have a 5sc flux yet and the chassis is not even available yet. i think its available on the 26th, just the chassis is 430 bucks and the power system can cost anywhere from 450 to 630 bucks.

if i even get this not sure if i would get the motor esc combo with the xl2 esc and the cc 2028 motor or the xl2 esc and leopard 5698 910 kv motor. which one would be better. the xl2 esc and leopard motor is cheaper but not sure which one i would get if i get the money.

Last edited:

sk5

dude, i just picked one up yesterday im going to make this beast a knight in shiny armor. electric>gas welcome to the 21st century boys, this thing is ridiculous way way better than the Losi! Not sure why is hasn't taken off already??

[email protected]

The axle ends break like toothpicks. The motor and escs fail. I'm building this truck with a new motor, esc and lots of parts ($1500). Ck my build out at large scale RC mmartin834 in the next coming months..

baja204

I like mine. Haven't broke anything yet and I got it in August. True it's no 5b or t but it does outperform them both on my track. Hard to compare but I'm happy