LSRC
Kraken RC
Killer-RC
Axis R/C
Turtle Racing
HPI Racing
TFE
ONeill Brothers
Use HBF as the coupon code for 5% off!!!
FullForceRC
Micro Hobby US
DGI Racing
Team Phatdad RC
Vertigo Performance

Italian 1/5 off road championship

Discussion in European Region forum, started by MonsterBeetle.

Daves Motors

Old 07-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (0)
2009 Hpi Baja challenge italian race on RCSpecial.com

http://rcspecial.com/news/?p=24845

Last edited by MonsterBeetle; 07-28-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Owner of Turtle Racing
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (4)
Very Nice!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Batteries are for Flashlights!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Baja Expert
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (5)
hey nice pics, congratz!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Riding the short bus
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (16)
Way to go

Old 07-30-2009, 02:15 PM
RC GEEK !!!
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (22)
Top of the box. Fantastic. Keep having fun.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:25 AM
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterBeetle View Post
The organization has postdated the 26-7 race ( 5th race of the italian off road championship ) because the same day there will be also a 2hours 1/5 on road race in Prato(Toscana), many racers of this off road championship are also 1/5 on road racers, so they asked to the organization to do the 5th race of the off road championship in a different day. The organization accepted their request. I will let You know just when i'll got the new date of the 5th race.

The date of the 5th race of the championship is 6 sept.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Baja Maniac

FIRE DEPARTMENT at the 5th race of the italian championship: "fog" on the track!!

Amazing dust conditions at the 5th race of the championship! There was need also of the help of the Baselga county fire department! That mud damaged also my camera while i was taking some pic,,,BUT my eyes didn't get damage and my buggy worked very well also in the middle of that big dust, I WON THE RACE, 1th PLACE!

Under here Simon's baja during its dirty running! You can clearly see the "fog".......

Fire department at work!

Who is the dude under here???

The leading tyre of this 5th championship race was Hostile Nighmare. It was the most suitable tyre for that surface, in fact many racers used them on their bajas

Soon some other pic and someother info

Last edited by MonsterBeetle; 09-17-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: j
Old 09-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Baja Maniac

That's cool congratulations.....
That is nice of the fire department to come and spray the track down... Did you have to call them to come or they just were driving by???

Chris
Old 09-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (14)
Congrats Andrea !!!!! Must have a better supply of parts over there now a days
Old 09-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtoolguy View Post
That's cool congratulations.....
That is nice of the fire department to come and spray the track down... Did you have to call them to come or they just were driving by???

Chris
no no Chris, they weren't just driving by, everything was organized before by the organization. This time the fire department wasn't there to wait for the fire, but they were there to wait for a great cloud of dust
Old 09-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamnd60 View Post
Congrats Andrea !!!!! Must have a better supply of parts over there now a days
Thanks Matt!

Better supply of parts???? Better parts supply is always well accepted

Last edited by MonsterBeetle; 09-11-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (14)
Quote:
Thanks Matt!

Better supply of parts???? Better parts supply is always well accepted
You must be able to get them easier is what I meant, I haven't had a HUGE package to send your way in a while
Old 09-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Baja Maniac

Quote:
This time the fire department wasn't there to wait for the fire, but they were there to wait for a great cloud of dust

LOL...That is too funny....I miss Italy, I used to go there every summer... I am from Switzerland, so we are neighbors..

Chris
Old 09-15-2009, 04:04 AM
Owner of Turtle Racing
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (4)
Congrats Andrea! Looks like you had a great time, nice to have a fire department water the track!

Batteries are for Flashlights!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Baja Maniac

I haven't still got other pics of the 5th race of the championship, when i'll get them i will show them on the forum.
In the meantime have a read at the page under here, there is also a short article about me, i hope you will be glad to read it
http://www.teamgonads.com/Merchant2/...vc?Screen=NEWS

Soon there will be the last race of the championship, it should be on the great track of Suzzara racing club, no date yet, but it should be at the end of this month or at the beginning of november. Il keep You posted

keep having fun!!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:40 AM
Baja Maniac

Good Job Andrea and good luck at the next race.

Chris
Old 11-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Baja Maniac

I'm ready for tomorrorw, for the last race of the national championship,,,After about 15 hours of maintenance i may say my baja is ready too.
During the maintenance i checked every parts, i have seen the most of the parts were ok, but i had to change some plastic parts, clean and put new grease into the bearings, some bearing were worn, shocks maintenance, new Darksoul pins into the dogbones, etc etc

This is my first race i will fit Shread angled stack and team Phatdad 2 degree anti squat brace ; The angled shreadstack will angle your filter above the gas tank for easy install and removal. I have noticed, the shreadstack is more reliable then the stock filter base and during the tests on the tracks i have also noticed that this built in v-stack gives more power. It is also a very beautiful machined part.
Instead about the brace, during the tests i have seen that: 1) with a caster rear anti squat angle, the power is transfered more evenly, keeping the front of the vehicle from lifting under big acceleration, 2) rear of the buggy more sensitive to throttle input, 3) more steering under braking, 4) some more power out of the corners.
These braces have also special self oiling flanged bronze bushings, replaceables. I have drilled out 2 bigger holes in the lower front stock brace and i have put these bushing also into them

These special parts are also available at:

http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rccar/...ack_angled.htm

http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rccar/...a_phat_dad.htm

Ps: I hope i will have a good race tomorrow.

See You soon!

Andrea

Last edited by MonsterBeetle; 11-14-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (31)
Good Luck Andrea!. hope to see you on the top tier of the podium!
Timmahh

Last edited by Timmahh; 11-20-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Baja Maniac

Thumbs up

GOOD WORK DONE! After having won the last 6th race of the national italian championship, with 1632 points i got the overall title of 2009 1/5 off road national champion.

Beautiful shoots of my car in action during this last race, click on it for get it bigger. The person you see in the first pic is Vigilio, he is my best racing friend, He had a quite good racing season (he got the 8th overall championship place) but at this last race he has been quite unlucky, because of serious technical problems to his buggy occured during the free practice, he coulnd't finish the race so he wished to give some support to me. Here you see him doing carb tunning at my car before the starting of the Q's

Under here the thropys for the first 3 places of the 6th race of the championship (thropies on the left side) and the thropies for the first 3 places of the of the overall podium of the national championship ( thropies on the right side )

Under here only the beautiful thropies for the first 3 places of the of the overall podium of the national championship

Under here the 2 podiums

Under here some funny moment of my awarding of prize

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO WRITE: I would like to thanks to the friends under here, who whished to give some excellent support to me-->without their help i wouldn't have been able to breast this tape :

ROBERT (Hostile racing products owner)(http://www.hostileracingproducts.com/) Hostile Racing Products are american made large scale radio controlled products for the HPI Baja 5B and 5T. Robert focuses on high quality using the finest materials available, in fact his products have developed a reputation for quality and strength. What ever Hostile products You will have got, you can be assured that you have got some of best baja products available on the market. Robert started his business a few years ago with the baja tires which they have been proven to be the toughest and most durable tires available for the HPI Baja. After the worldwide success met with his tires he decided to go on such great way producting other several articles as well as the foam inserts for the Hpi Bajas, high quality inserts with a low price as well as choice of hardness to allow for fine tuning of your tire and wheel assemblies. One of his last product is the spur: economy, superior strenght, lightweight, and most durable spur.
-I will be doing a small review of the Hostile parts i have tested during the period of the championship.
THANK YOU AGAIN ROBERT!!, i hope you will get always more and more success!

Ops!! I forgot!!! and keep having fun!!!

David (Turtle racing owner) (http://www.turtleracingproducts.com/) Turtle Racing is a small family owned and operated American business. They design, manufacture and produce high end professional billet aftermarket parts for the hpi Baja. Turtle Racing was founded because they saw a need for good quality products for the Hpi Baja.They really do take pride in their products Their products are made at 100% by them. Most of their products came from their own personal baja adventures and mishaps. When David and his work team see a need, they make their best to fill it with a good balance of strength, weight considerations and style. They have came out with stellar parts for our bajas, one of them is the TR complete cluth system.
-I will be doing a small review of the Turtle Racing parts i have tested during the period of the championship.
I also fell to say David is a very fair and kind person. THANK YOU AGAIN DAVID!!

Sean ( Oneill' brothers racing owner ) (http://www.oneillbrothers.com/). This is a good guy from Torrance (CA), he is owner of the knowed Oneill brothers racing, this is a very good american company, they specialize in reliable/affordable high performance engines and exhausts for large scale rc car or boat. He works in his well stocked shop distributing also Jetpro, Zenoah, Chung Yang, and walbro products. Thanks to his high ability in engine tunning my engine ran great for the whole 2009 racing season. The engine was and it still is a Oneill Shreadhead track ported and machined zenoah G270 4 bolts. As the name says, with this engine Rodney Ketchem won the 2008 Millestone baja racing season. This engine was built to be very smooth and reliable (what is needed for racing on the track)With this motor you have the power where you really need it on the track.
THANKS AGAIN SEAN!!

Mark Hull (TGN owner) (http://www.teamgonads.com/) In the late 90's, Mark came across the Go-Ped scooter line after picking up a compact go-kart. Mark quickly found a need for an aftermarket product in this industry and started up TeamGoNads (TGN). TGN's first developed product was the industry's first billet exhaust canister - named the X-Can - along with the matching exhaust port extender known as the X-Port. By early 2000, TGN was distributing over 70 unique products to over 300 dealers across the globe.
With so much personal interest in the R/C industry, it was only a matter of time before TGN developed its first product for R/C cars and trucks. Starting with X-Cans and a few other innovations, the product line started to grow quickly (concentrating mostly on the popular hpi Baja 5b). While the Baja crowd was limited, it was full of innovative people designing and manufacturing aftermarket products. TGN decided to embrace these small companies by developing a distribution network to help get the smaller companies recognized worldwide in the hobby industry. TGN currently distributes more than a dozen brands with exclusive worldwide distribution rights for many of them. TGN is working hard to bring as many new and innovative products to the market from small and large companies alike (giving them all equal treatment).
THANKS AGAIN MARK!!

Ted (Darksoul owner) (http://www.darksoulracing.com/Home.html) He is another important builder on the baja scene. His name's Ted from California. This Man hasn't been the first man who went to the moon, BUT he has been the first man who invented driveshafts for baja with screws for fixing the pins . I have used it with his pins for the whole race season with no issues. These shafts are 4130 chromoly steel and heat treated for maximum strenght. Great product. He invented also own axle boots,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,
THANKS TED!!!

Above here Tom ( Phatdad owner ) (http://www.teamphatdadrc.com/)
Tom! Congrats!! You have been the first builder who have built serious shaft for baja shocks!!! Tom like David design, manufacture and produce high end professional aftermarket parts for the hpi Baja. His special baja shafts are knowed worldwide. Tom has got also a great race track in San Diego area and he is always present at the baja racing scenes. Compliments for you work!
THANKS TOM!!

Who will be the friend guy above here???? He is the team manager of the TM motocross factory team, he born in belgium but he lives here in Italy. He is my first supplier of toxic liquids for my buggy ( filter oils, filter dirt removers, liquid sealants, 2 stroke oils,,,,,,,,,,)And it is not finished here,,,,,,he has receviced about 2000-3000 mails by me asking to him mechanical- technical questions and advices. Could have i broken his balls with about 3000 mails????? He has always replied to me, and he has always given to me good technical advices.
THANK YOU ALSO TO YOU PATRIEK!!!

Last edited by MonsterBeetle; 11-20-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (31)
EXCELLENT!!!! Contratulations on the 1st place Championship for 09 Andrea. Job Very well done. and like you noted, you couldnt be in 1st place without excellent support and parts built by the guys above!.

congrats to all, as this isnt just a Big Win for Andrea, but a large win for the guys above, as well as the baja!