HPIBajaForumHPIBajaForum  

Go Back   HPIBajaForum > Vendors > Hobby Shops


Sponsors
RC Discount Search

Micro Hobby US
ONeill Brothers
HPI Racing
Turtle Racing
LSRC
Team Phatdad RC
DGI Racing
FullForceRC
Vertigo Performance
TFE
Use HBF as the coupon code for 5% off!!!
Kraken RC
Axis R/C
Killer-RC

BZM engine?

Discussion in Hobby Shops forum, started by oline897.

Vertigo Performance
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-12-2009, 05:12 PM
oline897 oline897 is offline
Senior Member
Baja Maniac
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 278
Trader Feedback: (2)
BZM engine?

Is the BZM engine still going to be made?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-12-2009, 08:42 PM
mmrlargescale mmrlargescale is offline
Member
1/5th Scaler
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 45
Trader Feedback: (0)
it is still being made but as with anything italian the factories are all to happy to shout about it such a long way from the production line. BZM also got caught up manufacturing a new minimoto engine which had slowed things down also. Our last trip to italy about a month ago I held an engine inmy own hands and they claim that the 23cc engine in standard form produced more power than the Italian Championship winning touring car. they are probably going to make 2 engines, a lightweight race engine as the touring cars every gram counts and a cheaper not so light version.
BZM were really impressed with whaty we have done so far and appointed us Sole Distributor for the engine and they were hoping to have 10 test engines available this month in 23cc form. if everything is all good then the 23 will go into full production and Mr Robert will get straight to work on the 26cc cylinder and also a Bashers Cylinder cc TBA
BZM are also keen to manufacture some Trick Bits for the rest of the car so keep your eyes open
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Bill2032 Bill2032 is offline
Senior Member
Baja Maniac
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 986
Trader Feedback: (0)
woo yay this is going to be cool and expensive
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-27-2009, 02:30 PM
oline897 oline897 is offline
Senior Member
Baja Maniac
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 278
Trader Feedback: (2)
Are these engines going to have billet cylinders as well? I am very interested in a lightweight 26 if it is going to be produced. Do you know if they will be lighter then the Zenoah 26 Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-27-2009, 02:55 PM
miniripper miniripper is offline
Senior Member
Baja Maniac
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,511
Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oline897 View Post
Are these engines going to have billet cylinders as well? I am very interested in a lightweight 26 if it is going to be produced. Do you know if they will be lighter then the Zenoah 26 Thanks for the info!
Not billit they will be machined cast alluminium.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Knight Research & Design Knight Research & Design is offline
Senior Member
Baja Maniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Santa Clara
Posts: 334
Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmrlargescale View Post
it is still being made but as with anything italian the factories are all to happy to shout about it such a long way from the production line. BZM also got caught up manufacturing a new minimoto engine which had slowed things down also. Our last trip to italy about a month ago I held an engine inmy own hands and they claim that the 23cc engine in standard form produced more power than the Italian Championship winning touring car. they are probably going to make 2 engines, a lightweight race engine as the touring cars every gram counts and a cheaper not so light version.
BZM were really impressed with whaty we have done so far and appointed us Sole Distributor for the engine and they were hoping to have 10 test engines available this month in 23cc form. if everything is all good then the 23 will go into full production and Mr Robert will get straight to work on the 26cc cylinder and also a Bashers Cylinder cc TBA
BZM are also keen to manufacture some Trick Bits for the rest of the car so keep your eyes open
Sounds very interesting I've ridden, and worked on both their 40 and 50cc versions which were both amazing motors. I'll be very interested to see what they come up with for the 23cc version. I'll guess $550-$600 on street pricing for these little devils.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-27-2009, 03:09 PM
miniripper miniripper is offline
Senior Member
Baja Maniac
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,511
Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Research & Design View Post
Sounds very interesting I've ridden, and worked on both their 40 and 50cc versions which were both amazing motors. I'll be very interested to see what they come up with for the 23cc version. I'll guess $550-$600 on street pricing for these little devils.

Probaly not as much as that.

We are the global distributer for BZM's engine range and Im hoping that we can get one of the big distributers in the US to support the BZM engine range.

They are going to priced in comparison to a modded Zen!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Knight Research & Design Knight Research & Design is offline
Senior Member
Baja Maniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Santa Clara
Posts: 334
Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniripper View Post
Probaly not as much as that.

We are the global distributer for BZM's engine range and Im hoping that we can get one of the big distributers in the US to support the BZM engine range.

They are going to priced in comparison to a modded Zen!
I thought I was being generous guessing about half of their big brothers pricing. But I'd love to be wrong If BZM makes an engine I'm sure I know a US distributor that is going to pick them up Also what is the likely hood of these engines being made legal for organized racing?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-28-2009, 09:09 AM
miniripper miniripper is offline
Senior Member
Baja Maniac
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,511
Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Research & Design View Post
I thought I was being generous guessing about half of their big brothers pricing. But I'd love to be wrong If BZM makes an engine I'm sure I know a US distributor that is going to pick them up Also what is the likely hood of these engines being made legal for organized racing?
Organizesd racing is thier upmost concern BZM are a company for racers. When we told them about the RC bashing market they took a further interest initialy thier will be a 23cc followed by a 26cc and then some much bigger

We have sent BZM over a SS to check fitment to the baja and they will also be looking into exhausts and some other trick stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-17-2009, 08:49 PM
oline897 oline897 is offline
Senior Member
Baja Maniac
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 278
Trader Feedback: (2)
Do you know their time frame for the engines release? 1 or 6 months away? Thanks for anymore updates!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-18-2009, 10:22 AM
miniripper miniripper is offline
Senior Member
Baja Maniac
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,511
Trader Feedback: (2)
They are getting closer! Will be summer time before we see anything!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Adamphtg Adamphtg is offline
Member
Baja Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 166
Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniripper View Post
They are getting closer! Will be summer time before we see anything!
SUMMER.....:cu rsing::cursing ::cur sing:
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-18-2011, 10:50 AM
MCRIPPPer MCRIPPPer is offline
Baja Expert
Baja Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: carmel valley ca
Posts: 5,958
Trader Feedback: (0)
any spy pix?????!?!?



sounds like it will be a good engine. is it plated or lined cylinder?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-24-2011, 10:07 AM
badboy2 badboy2 is offline
Senior Member
Baja Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: edison,nj
Posts: 3,239
Trader Feedback: (34)
http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=98166

is this the same engine? 9 more days to go !
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Scotty@MMR Scotty@MMR is offline
Senior Member
Baja Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: U.K.
Posts: 261
Trader Feedback: (0)
Yes it is, not long now
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-24-2011, 11:46 PM
Scotty@MMR Scotty@MMR is offline
Senior Member
Baja Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: U.K.
Posts: 261
Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRIPPPer View Post
any spy pix?????!?!?



sounds like it will be a good engine. is it plated or lined cylinder?
No pics until release date sorry dude, I can confirm a nicasil lining.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Obeast44 Obeast44 is offline
Banned
Baja Maniac
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Munfordville,Kentucky
Posts: 195
Trader Feedback: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniripper View Post
We have sent BZM over a SS to check fitment to the baja and they will also be looking into exhausts and some other trick stuff.
Am I safe in assuming it will fit an MCD too?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-26-2011, 02:14 PM
miniripper miniripper is offline
Senior Member
Baja Maniac
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,511
Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obeast44 View Post
Am I safe in assuming it will fit an MCD too?
It should do!

Or it will do! This engine will fit anywhere a Zen will fit.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This Post


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright 2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Neither this website nor the forum provided is affiliated with, or endorsed, by Hobby Products International, Inc. (HPI). Further, this website is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, the owners of any the trademarks, service marks or trade names referred to by this website or within the forum unless specifically and expressly indicated. Any trademarks, service marks or trade names referred to on this website or in the forum remain the full property of their respective owners. The opinions expressed in the forum reflects solely the opinion(s) of the participants, visitors and members and may not reflect the opinion(s) of the website owner.