HPIBajaForumHPIBajaForum  

Go Back   HPIBajaForum > HPI Baja Garage > HPI Baja Engine and Exhaust

Sponsors
RC Discount Search

DGI Racing
Use HBF as the coupon code for 5% off!!!
Turtle Racing
Team Phatdad RC
Killer-RC
FullForceRC
HPI Racing
Micro Hobby US
ONeill Brothers
Kraken RC
Vertigo Performance
TFE
LSRC
Axis R/C

Anyone Use a Walbro WT-257 Carburetor ?

Discussion in HPI Baja Engine and Exhaust forum, started by austinbaja.

Daves Motors

Old 09-26-2006, 07:42 AM
Contributor - All
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (0)
Anyone Use a Walbro WT-257 Carburetor ?

Has anyone used a Walbro WT-257 carburetor or any carb other than what came with their motor, Did you see any performance gains ?

Old 09-26-2006, 08:04 AM
Advertiser Website Sales
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (1)
You will get more power by going with the wt-257 carb. By going with the wt-257 you are going to loose your choke and primmer bubble. This will make it harder to start the motor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Contributor - All
Baja Maniac

Do I need to just plug the return line? and any pointers on starting without a primer bulb?
Old 09-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Advertiser Website Sales
Baja Maniac

You can either plug the return line or use a y spliter and run both lines into one. If you have an aftermarket air filter you can get a choke plate. I've found that you can pull the filter off and plug the hole in the carb with your finger and give it a couple of pulls and it will bleed the line. Once you bleed the line it is not very difficult to start after that.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:42 AM
Contributor - All
Baja Maniac

Is there any advantage in using a fuel line y splitter over just a single line ?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Contributor - All
Baja Maniac

One last question ...the black fuel line is very soft and flimsy compared to the thicker heaver yellow return line...is the reason they do this so the line in the tank will flop around easier if it turns upside down so it will still get fuel?
Old 09-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Advertiser Website Sales
Baja Maniac

I like to use the spliter because you don't have to worry about the plugged line leaking. I'm not sure why the black line is softer then the yellow line.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:54 AM
Contributor - All
Baja Maniac

Ok I got the 257 carb on seems more responsive and the DDM 7500 spring is sweet. One idea I have that might work is using an inline bulb on fuel line to prime engine ...there are some I see for nitro rc stuff, but they may be too small ...I think I need bulb with 1/8 barbs and I see only bulbs with 1/4 barbs I think thats too big.....I used DDM fuel line, what size is that line anyone know?
Old 10-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Advertiser Website Sales
Baja Maniac

Most fuel line is 1/8. An inline primmer bulb should work if you can find the correct size.