RC Discount Search

Vertigo Performance
DGI Racing
FullForceRC
Large Scale RC
Killer-RC
Axis R/C
Turtle Racing
Use HBF as the coupon code for 5% off!!!
HPI Racing
ONeill Brothers
Team Phatdad RC
Micro Hobby US

BAJA 5B SS Carb Settings

Discussion in General Baja 5B Buggy Discussions forum, started by Zarak.

Daves Motors

Old 01-25-2008, 06:49 AM
1/5th Scaler

Trader Feedback: (0)
BAJA 5B SS Carb Settings

How many turns does the low and high speed needles have to be turned towards open ( Factory settings ). I recently put a fuel filter on my baja ss fuel line and it messed up the fuel flow big time. Before the filter the thing was running like a dream, easy 2 pull starts. Any way after i added the filter the thing would start but as soon as i gave it a bit of throttle it would bogged and stopped.

Had been trying to get the dam thing to run for 20 min but would not fire up at all. Fuel was going to the carb. Plug giving a blue spark.

Any way in the frustration i messed up the carb setting big time and cant get it to start now.

ANY ONE KNOW HOW MANY TURNS FROM CLOSED POSITION THE HIGH AND LOW NEEDLE NEED TO BE OPENED.

GOT THE SS 26 ENGINE.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:08 AM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (4)
on the RTR i believe its from 1.25 to 1.5 turns
Old 01-25-2008, 07:31 AM
1/5th Scaler

Trader Feedback: (0)
Thanks for the info bud. Its running now took about 20 pulls at the pullstart with the settings. I had it open about 2.5 turns and the engine was flooded really bad. Will field test it tomorrow bit to late today just might piss off the neighbour's : )
Old 01-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (31)
a flooding engine can be a BEECH to get going. when you get alot of just ran great yesterday, wont start today posts, they ll typically be a flooded motor or fouled out spark plug.

every motors needle settings will vary a bit even if the motor in the buggy next to yours is identical, the needles will likely be slightly different.

also you ll need to retune when/if you install a new tuned pipe, or something else on the motor that is performance designed. ie. carb, manifolds, exhausts, crank bearings, new top end ect....