RC Discount Search

ONeill Brothers
Team Phatdad RC
FullForceRC
Axis R/C
Vertigo Performance
LSRC
Micro Hobby US
Use HBF as the coupon code for 5% off!!!
HPI Racing
Kraken RC
Turtle Racing
Killer-RC
DGI Racing
TFE

OBR 29.5 Full mod. WOW!!

Discussion in Oneill Brothers Racing forum, started by camncars.

OBR

Old 10-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Contributor - All
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (12)
OBR 29.5 Full mod. WOW!!

I bought a 29.5 full mod from OBR a few months back, just got back from a local track. After having this motor for a while now and really getting to use it, WOW this thing is a POWERHOUSE. I posted a couple times about this motor, but now that I really got a chance to run it hard, DAMN, it's a beast. I dealt with Dan on the phone when I was choosing an engine, he was VERY helpfull and knowledgable, great customer service. I am using this with a CPI BB pipe on my 5b, WITH Hostile tires using Kold Cutter screws for traction, and even with a hard bite to the local track, this thing is a F'N BEAST, especially the low end, powerslides and breaks the tires loose like crazy, almost TOO much power, I really have to ease into the throttle to get the car to hook up. Time for me to fine tune my suspension. I started with a 18/56 gear, then went to a 19/55 and that helped a bit out of the hole for traction.. I'm thinking on going to a 20/54 now. Now, it's time to upgrade my stock Diff, after breaking the stock plastic diff case,
A+++++++ for this motor!! Thanks OBR

Old 10-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (143)
Nice! Is it a long rod? I have the 29.5 long rod that I've yet to fire up. Can't wait to see it rip!

Last edited by Duda Designs RC; 10-08-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (2)
Get some vid! Id love to see it. That is on my to do list.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Wait 4 the sales pitch
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (57)
Slap the 20/54 on it! You will love the lowend and the topend is AmAzInG!!!! Goodluck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Advertiser Website Sales
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (1)
Thanks for posting! It's always nice to come online and see another happy customer. Glad to hear you are happy with the engine we built for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Contributor - Baja
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (5)
+1 I have a 29.5 FM LR from OBR and Dan as well helped me, really helped in my choice and WOW what a great 1, that thing RIPS and has never failed to start or run as long as I am out, not much but so far 1 gallon with flawless performance. Thumbs UP OBR u guys are the CHIT!!!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Contributor - All
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (12)
Here's a vid of my buggy with this OBR beast motor. It's the buggy with the red front beadlocks and rear chrome beadlocks at the start of the video. As you can see, ton's of power and hard to control, I kept on powersliding and loosing control, just a tap of the throttle and this thing lets loose. I was running a 18/56 gear combo, after the video, I went to a 19/55 and it was a bit easier to control, just way too much low end power with the 18/56. I'll be going to a 20/54 next and need to really dial in my suspension. Track was very loose dry dirt at the time and I was using hostile rears with kold kutter screws, and still had very little traction.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (0)
The obr motors are awsome, i got the obr 30.5 7hp longrod had it for over 3weeks and cant find the time to run it, has'nt even been started

Old 10-12-2011, 07:00 AM
Baja Addict
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (3)
yep got a brand new one waiting to go go in a shorty this winter, can't wait till spring
Old 10-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Baja Expert
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (0)
Not to sound like a OBR Fanatic but yeeaa baby!
Old 10-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Banned
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (5)
awesome motor dude!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Advertiser Website Sales
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by camncars View Post
Here's a vid of my buggy with this OBR beast motor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdXYpJNUu4I It's the buggy with the red front beadlocks and rear chrome beadlocks at the start of the video. As you can see, ton's of power and hard to control, I kept on powersliding and loosing control, just a tap of the throttle and this thing lets loose. I was running a 18/56 gear combo, after the video, I went to a 19/55 and it was a bit easier to control, just way too much low end power with the 18/56. I'll be going to a 20/54 next and need to really dial in my suspension. Track was very loose dry dirt at the time and I was using hostile rears with kold kutter screws, and still had very little traction.
Thanks for posting video! She moves pretty good!