Killer-RC
FullForceRC
Large Scale RC
Tulare Hobbies
Axis R/C
Micro Hobby US
W.S.E
Oniell Brothers
Use HBF as the coupon code for 5% off!!!
DGI Racing
Turtle Racing
Team Phatdad RC

Trevor Simpson reed case

Discussion in HPI Baja Engine and Exhaust forum, started by RPezz50.

Turtle Racing Products

Old 07-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (1)
Baja 5b Trevor Simpson reed case

Hey guy i wanna know the best set up for this set up i am looking for pretty much wheels on demand mostly for bashing or should look at another set up?

Old 07-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (15)
If you're looking for bottom to midrange power then stay away from the TS top end (at least the 36mm 4bolt). It has a really high exhaust port which makes for great top end but leaves a lot to be desired in the grunt dept. If you want a torque monster reed case set up I would talk to either ESP, chris bartolone or Brian yamadude.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Baja Maniac

Baja 5b

really ok thanks what do you think about the ONB long rod you think its a torque monster? or will i get more power out of a reed setup?
Old 07-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Baja Maniac

You could do a reed case long rod. Or you could do a piston port with a reedblock longrod. There are a million combos. I don't have any experience with longrod motors. But when I do get one it will be built by Chris Bartolone.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaPaul View Post
You could do a reed case long rod. Or you could do a piston port with a reedblock longrod. There are a million combos. I don't have any experience with longrod motors. But when I do get one it will be built by Chris Bartolone.
haven't heard of a piston port with a reedblock longrod? any good? is it ported the same as thy would port a reed setup?
Old 07-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPezz50 View Post
haven't heard of a piston port with a reedblock longrod? any good? is it ported the same as thy would port a reed setup?
Its a bolt on reed block. So the porting would be different than a case reed motor. A case reed motor has two (or sometimes one I guess) transfer ports that get fed fuel from the case. I don't see why a reed block wouldn't work with a long rod with the proper porting.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Baja Maniac

Ok thanks now let me ask you will i get more power form a bolt on reed for a TS reed case?
Old 07-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Baja Maniac

This game isn't always about more or less power. Its more about how you want to deal that power down. So if you want a super hard hitting motor for a froggy front end. Then you would want to research the different pipes and then go with a set up that works well with the pipe that lays the power down how you like it. If you call any of the engine builders I listed or Obros and tell them what you want your car to do they can recommend a set up accordingly. Your pipe choice will factor into the equasion more than anything else. But the rest of the set up can augment where your torque curve peaks to give you that extra edge.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Banned
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (9)
for massive torque and a haul ass package try this. esp champ reed ported 36mm jug with 1mm stuffed crank, and a vic bb rear pipe. this combo is extremely powerful setup. it has tons of grunt but revs out really well also. also can try the bartalone side pipe on this setup. i tried my bartalone on a esp 30.5 reed motor the other day and it matched up really well. my shift point on my two speed is kinda low and the esp/bartalone combo pulls the 21/53's like no bodies business. so hard and strong you cant hardly hear it shift. it just spin, spins, spins or if ya hit the traction it easily pulls the wheels. in the sand with my old esp 29.5 setup it just wheelies on demand. this is the torquiest reed setup i have come across yet,(the 29.5 has more grunt then the 30.5) but like i said it still revs pretty damn good. oh, and the bartalone side pipe seems to offer up a few more r's aswell, and it is protected much better. at first on another engine i was a little disappointed in the bart but i think it matches up with the esp's style of porting really well. i think im going to get me a un ported machined cylinder for 2mm crank and build me a reed motor for all out torque and run 2- speed with 23/51's. should be a badass.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Contributor - Baja
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (3)
Long rod reed block motors run VERY well! Been running one for a while now. Its a 30.5 with a Bartolone reed block and porting! IMO Long rods work best with reeds!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Baja Maniac

Baja 5b

Thank you so much that's the info I was looking for I really don't wanna buy something and it's not what I was hopping for. The info you just gave me sounds like what I'm looking for.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Contributor - All
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (53)
My 28.5 motor ported by turboglenn pulls a 23/51 hard using a rear victory pipe (not the big bore). Pulls the front end up on every shift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bartolone Powered
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.