TFE
Axis R/C
HPI Racing
Vertigo Performance
Team Phatdad RC
FullForceRC
Killer-RC
Micro Hobby US
Use HBF as the coupon code for 5% off!!!
DGI Racing
Kraken RC
Turtle Racing
ONeill Brothers

My New OBR 29.5 Full Mod review!

Discussion in Oneill Brothers Racing forum, started by Jerzy 5T.

OBR

Old 06-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Contributor - All
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (16)
My New OBR 29.5 Full Mod review!

So I have gotten a 29.5 Full Mod from OBR to go along with the 30.5 and 27.2 full mod's I already have from the guys! I wasn't sure about a 29.5 because I hadn't seen one run but when I talked to Sean he basically said it rpm's similar to a smaller motor but still has the torque of a larger motor! So i said like I always do....just build it!! If you tell me I will be happy I trust you! That is the kind of relationship I have had with Sean, Dan and Joe since I bought my first motor from them almost 2 years ago!

I couldn't be happier with this motor!! I have only gotten it out a few times after break in and he was right! As you can hear and see in the video the thing rpm's almost instantly and it screams!! There will be more video to come but when the truck is accelerating you can see and hear the power this thing is making and I love it! DSCJESTER was cool enough to put this together and we didn't add music so you can hear the T!

My set up is Turtle everything (not light), Elcon 4 shoe clutch set to grab around 8k, OBR Boss pipe, 18/56 gearing, Hostile MXT's in the rear and Crusher's up front (seems to work best in this mix of rocks and hard pack we have been running in)

I know the footage isn't great due to the fact it is me crashing a bunch but have found a spot where we can hit some jumps for the first time and I am loving it! But I just wanted to say thanks to the guys like I said I already have had a couple of their full mods and this one caught me by surprise! I can honestly say you won't be disappointed! I work hard for my money as I am sure you do but when they tell me something will rip I trust them and they deliver! That is why I am OBR 4 Life! Thanks guys!!!

Jerzy
Old 06-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Baja Expert
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (0)
It's just begging for more gearing ...
It can pull 19/55 with no problems ...
Old 06-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (48)
u should try the 18/56 gearing, i love that setup
Old 06-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Wait 4 the sales pitch
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (58)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvbaja83 View Post
It's just begging for more gearing ...
It can pull 19/55 with no problems ...
Without any question!

I got to check out these OBR people! Sounds like they make a killer motor........ LOL! Great write up Jerzy! That thing is pure insanity! In my opinion, the OBR boss pipe really compliments that motor at all the power bands! Next week try and go full throttle.....

J/K

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Wait 4 the sales pitch
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianStyle View Post
u should try the 18/56 gearing, i love that setup
Read the OP. he is running 18/56

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (48)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscjester View Post
Read the OP. he is running 18/56
my bad lol..
Old 06-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Contributor - Baja
Baja Maniac

Sounds good. I like to see it when people run their baja's hard glad to see I'm not the only one.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Advertiser Website Sales
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzy 5T View Post
So I have gotten a 29.5 Full Mod from OBR to go along with the 30.5 and 27.2 full mod's I already have from the guys! I wasn't sure about a 29.5 because I hadn't seen one run but when I talked to Sean he basically said it rpm's similar to a smaller motor but still has the torque of a larger motor! So i said like I always do....just build it!! If you tell me I will be happy I trust you! That is the kind of relationship I have had with Sean, Dan and Joe since I bought my first motor from them almost 2 years ago!

I couldn't be happier with this motor!! I have only gotten it out a few times after break in and he was right! As you can hear and see in the video the thing rpm's almost instantly and it screams!! There will be more video to come but when the truck is accelerating you can see and hear the power this thing is making and I love it! DSCJESTER was cool enough to put this together and we didn't add music so you can hear the T!

My set up is Turtle everything (not light), Elcon 4 shoe clutch set to grab around 8k, OBR Boss pipe, 18/56 gearing, Hostile MXT's in the rear and Crusher's up front (seems to work best in this mix of rocks and hard pack we have been running in)

I know the footage isn't great due to the fact it is me crashing a bunch but have found a spot where we can hit some jumps for the first time and I am loving it! But I just wanted to say thanks to the guys like I said I already have had a couple of their full mods and this one caught me by surprise! I can honestly say you won't be disappointed! I work hard for my money as I am sure you do but when they tell me something will rip I trust them and they deliver! That is why I am OBR 4 Life! Thanks guys!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIFZK...e_gdata_player

Jerzy
Thanks for the review Mike! Glad to hear that 29.5 FM we built for you is running strong. The rpm's sound pretty good! Glad to see you guys are finally taking some video when you run

Old 06-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Wait 4 the sales pitch
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneillbrothersracing View Post
Thanks for the review Mike! Glad to hear that 29.5 FM we built for you is running strong. The rpm's sound pretty good! Glad to see you guys are finally taking some video when you run
Who the hell wants to put a remote down when we are running these!!!

Old 06-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Baja Addict
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (20)
Sweet Mill..sounds good .. thanks for posting..
Old 06-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Contributor - All
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (38)
Nice vid. Sounds like its running real strong. I just put an OBR Boss pipe on....nice and loud!!
Old 06-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Baja Expert
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Without any question!

I got to check out these OBR people! Sounds like they make a killer motor........ LOL! Great write up Jerzy! That thing is pure insanity! In my opinion, the OBR boss pipe really compliments that motor at all the power bands! Next week try and go full throttle.....

J/K
Be warned once you buy one Oneil Bros. engine you'll buy another one soon after it's a serious ADDICTION . LOL!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Banned
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (2)
looking good got to love the powerband of the boss pipe
Old 06-07-2011, 01:46 AM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (69)
Damn dude you beat on that 5T when was it ever on all 4 wheels?? Not enough
Good stuff and awesome video!!

Chris
Old 06-07-2011, 06:07 AM
Wait 4 the sales pitch
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvbaja83 View Post
Be warned once you buy one Oneil Bros. engine you'll buy another one soon after it's a serious ADDICTION . LOL!
I know. I was just kidding. I have 2 30.5 Full Mods and a OBR Twin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterman View Post
Damn dude you beat on that 5T when was it ever on all 4 wheels?? Not enough
Good stuff and awesome video!!
That thing just floats across the ground! And the vid doesn't do it justice! But we will get more up!

Old 06-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (3)
thanks for the review.

can you give us a comparison of this motor to the 30.5 and 27.2 you have. thanks
Old 06-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Wait 4 the sales pitch
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by airflow View Post
thanks for the review.

can you give us a comparison of this motor to the 30.5 and 27.2 you have. thanks
I run with Jerzy and IMO this 29.5 Full Mod is like the 27.2 and 30.5 together! It has the down low like the 30.5 and RPM's to the sky like the 27.2! I want one! Jerzy will chime in tho!

Old 06-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Baja Maniac

Wow! thats one strong mill... and the pipe sound like its revving to the moon. Nice vid of you beatin the hell out of your baja and nice right up. Gonna hafta get me one now!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Contributor - Baja
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (3)
sounds really solid mid to top, not COMPLETELY impressed down low...
Old 06-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Contributor - All
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by airflow View Post
thanks for the review.

Jester has it pretty dead on! The 29.5 comes out of the hole like a 30.5 and then rev's like a 27.2! This will of course differ depending on what pipe, gears etc. you run but in general statement this IMO is the best I have seen so far of all worlds!!

Quote:
I run with Jerzy and IMO this 29.5 Full Mod is like the 27.2 and 30.5 together! It has the down low like the 30.5 and RPM's to the sky like the 27.2! I want one! Jerzy will chime in tho!

Thanks broseph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpmontog0947 View Post
sounds really solid mid to top, not COMPLETELY impressed down low...
It does look I have a small bog at first hit of the throttle but chalk that up to my tuning! Not the motor. I had it pretty fat that day as it was incredibly hot and like I said it is only the 1-2 tank after break in so don't let that make up your mind if you might be considering one of these babies!

Jerzy