HPIBajaForumHPIBajaForum  

Go Back   HPIBajaForum > Regional > SouthEast and Caribbean Region > Patetown RC Speedway

Sponsors
RC Discount Search

TFE
Use HBF as the coupon code for 5% off!!!
Killer-RC
Axis R/C
LSRC
FullForceRC
DGI Racing
ONeill Brothers
Turtle Racing
Team Phatdad RC
Large Scale RC
HPI Racing

patetown rc speedway

Discussion in Patetown RC Speedway forum, started by thepatiodaddyo.

Daves Motors

Old 12-04-2016
1/5th Scaler

Trader Feedback: (0)
thepatiodaddyo is on a distinguished road
patetown rc speedway

Just want to say thanks to Donald and his crew for opening a nice track in the Carolinas . I will be going this Sunday Dec 11 2016 for there first race wich is a toy for tots race. looking foward to racing there a good bunch of guys even though I have a 3 1/2 hr drive there.

Old 12-05-2016
Baja Freak
Baja Maniac

nitrocat is on a distinguished road
Where's it at
Old 12-08-2016
1/5th Scaler

patetown speedway

736 daw pate rd goldsboro N C
Old 01-01-2017
Working On It

newhornet is on a distinguished road
GREAT Group of Guys at this Track! My first view of a Race and it was ADDICTIVE!
Old 01-04-2017
JoeGuam
Baja Maniac

Location: Originally from the Pacific Island of Guam: Stationed in Virginia
Trader Feedback: (4)
joeguam is on a distinguished road
I am check out this track some time soon
Old 02-25-2017

D-310 is on a distinguished road
Hello guys. Yes we have a one big dirt oval here in Goldsboro N.C.
My name is Donald Stokes and if u have any questions about the track or
anything at all just give me a call. 919-738-6954.Their will be a schedule
of the racing put up tomorrow so stay tuned.
Old 02-25-2017

Also we have this up on facebook. Under Patetown RC Speedway.
Few pics as well.
Old 02-27-2017

March 25 12:00
April 30 12:00
May 21 12:00
June 10 11:00(trophy race)
June 11 11:00
July 9 12:00
July 22 12:00
Sept 9 12:00
Sept 24 12:00
Oct 14 12:00
Oct 29 12:00
NOV 19 11:00
Dec 3 11:00 ( toys for tots )
Old 02-27-2017
1/5th Scaler

Hay Donald what classes are you going to run.
Old 03-07-2017
1/5th Scaler

looking forward to seeing you guys at the first practice this Saturday 3/11/17 at 10 am.
Old 03-09-2017
Track Owner/Media Expert
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (4)
beachbum is on a distinguished road
Ok guys practice is still on so bring them on out Saturday March 11th and shake em down. Gates open at 8:00 am and practice is from 10:00 am til 4:00 pm. Also there will be someone there selling hot dogs and drinks and proceeds going to Fremont Rescue,so whether it's racing or watching come on out and support our track and the rescue.
Old 03-10-2017

We have 1/5 scale of all classes.
and also we have 1/10 scale L.M
1/10 scale edm and trucks. So come
on out and have some fun.
Old 03-13-2017
1/5th Scaler

Had a good time Saturday first time racing sprint car there had to be about 8 of us with sprints. Track was in great shape thanks to all of you who made that possible I will see you for the first race march 25 2017 thanks again. #57
Old 03-22-2017
Working On It
Baja Maniac

Troyster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-310 View Post
Hello guys. Yes we have a one big dirt oval here in Goldsboro N.C.
My name is Donald Stokes and if u have any questions about the track or
anything at all just give me a call. 919-738-6954.Their will be a schedule
of the racing put up tomorrow so stay tuned.
Hi Donald, I would like to race my 1/10 scale 2wd and 4wd trucks but don't have a single battery that can meet 5200 mah and 40c minimums. I race offroad and the only restrictions are 2S at all tracks or at a ROAR event the battery must be a ROAR approved battery. My stock losi 22sct 3.0 can only fit shorties or brick pack batteries and you can't really find a 5200 mah, 40c battery in a shorty or brick pack configuration with bullet connectors. I do have a brick pack that is 5800 mah and 70C. Would that work?

For 4wd 1/10 trucks, no one runs an offroad 8 min race with less that 6500 mah for sure; most run 7200, 7800 or 8000. Really runs the voltage down and wears on the batteries if you run low mah; on an oval track where you are on the throttle constantly this would be a bigger issue than offroad. I have two 8000 mah batteries and a 6500 mah. If you are running anything more than 6 minutes heats/mains, 6500 is not enough mah to power a tekno or losi 4wd safely.

At any rate, I'm asking if you would consider open battery for these classes...honestly if you have open 540 can motor I would allow open battery so experienced racers can make the best battery choices to safely power their esc settings and motor choice. And more racers that race offroad in these two 1/10 classes are likely to come if they can use batteries that they use already for offroad racing. Thanks for your consideration!.
Old 03-24-2017
1/5th Scaler

Dont forget first race of the season tommorow at patetown see you there.
Old 03-25-2017

Troyster, our guys are running 2 6min qualify rounds. and 6 min heats. 5200 mah bat
with a 40-c. and trust me they b getting it around the track. this way its not a battery
war. everyone is equal and all love this rule. so come on out and join us. but make sure u have ur battery ready for a fun day of oval racing
Old 03-25-2017

we had around 40 drivers today. great day at the track. thanks guys.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
1/5th Scaler

checksix is on a distinguished road
new track

First time running here and let me tell you guys , this track is legit !!!!!!
Big appreciation to all that have got this track at Patetown up and going. Coming from the DARC nationals days let me add my 2 cents.
Patronage was very welcoming and nice feeling. Nobody was left out and all first timers were greeted and helped to get going . Facilities were easy to find and plenty of parking and even the porta john was clean and maintained.Even had some hotdogs and drinks on hand for purchase.
Now for the important track stuff.
*good high sturdy stand with even a second handicap wheelchair accessible stand
*exterior walls and interior low railing keeps the track where its supposed to be
*the track itself stayed together ALL day , and I mean all day , no rutting no holes no settling bumps nothing.
*average 10-11 second lap times so not too small and not so big for gearing(1/5th scale)
*wide lanes, easy to pass on outside or inside not a single groove track
*forgiving dirt , no rock or "crete" mixed in so you dont wear a set of tires every heat, I ran same rears (2wd) all day and they didnt look any worse than when we started
*dedicated water truck system with track team keeping on top of the track all day, never got so dry that it was not drivable or miserably dusty

I'm not exaggerating when I say this was the nicest baja oval I have raced on period.

The people and fellow racers make a track , but when you have that AND a great piece of earth manicured to race on, it makes it that much more enjoyable !

Kudos to the Patetown R/C Speedway crew and thanks for bringing this to the east.

See you guys next race !!!!
Old 4 Weeks Ago
1/5th Scaler

I agree this is a great track and a great bunch of guys who worked all week on the track and i would like to thank them for that. the only problem i have is i live 3 1/2 hrs away and its a long day thanks again and see you next race #57
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Working On It
Baja Maniac

Troyster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-310 View Post
Troyster, our guys are running 2 6min qualify rounds. and 6 min heats. 5200 mah bat
with a 40-c. and trust me they b getting it around the track. this way its not a battery
war. everyone is equal and all love this rule. so come on out and join us. but make sure u have ur battery ready for a fun day of oval racing
Donald,

I said previously that the newest losi 2wd sct only takes shorty,or brick, (or saddle, but there is not 5200mah 40c saddle combination). Team associated's newest truck (sc5M) only takes shorties or saddles. There are no shorty batteries or bricks with 40C or lower rating with bullet connectors. If you or your guys have found one could you post it here because so far it does not exist at SMC, promatch, orion, venom, etc.?

I certainly can understand local rules and respect them. With that said, bigger events are open 2S battery http://www.rcchilibowl.com/rules to encourage racers to come and especially sponsored racers so the level of competition is high for big events. Just something to think about. If I could get a battery to fit in my truck with your specs I would probably come too as I used to run 5th scale at digger's too and enjoyed the racing crowd in the north carolina area.