FullForceRC
DGI Racing
ONeill Brothers
Team Phatdad RC
HPI Racing
Killer-RC
LSRC
Turtle Racing
Use HBF as the coupon code for 5% off!!!
TFE
Axis R/C

where did everyone go

Discussion in General Baja 5B Buggy Discussions forum, started by tazzilla.

Daves Motors

Old 1 Week Ago
Baja Freak
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (7)
urjustamemory is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
it makes sense that the weak economy has a very strong negative effect on expensive hobbies like 1/5th scale RC. there is a significant jump in price to get into 1/5th when most bashers and racers are more than happy with 1/8th or even 1/10th off-road gear...

That said, have other 1/8th scale forums slowed down as much as this one, or is the Baja slipping in popularity due to competition from newer vehicles form the likes of Losi and even Kraken?

HPI may need to step up their game, or just give up on 1/5th all together....

People use the economy as an excuse for a lot of things but I seriously think that has a lot to do with it, not everyone has a grand or more to just toss at an RC and then toss more at it for needed accessories.

Old 2 Days Ago
Baja Expert
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (4)
MCRIPPPer is on a distinguished road
i have not touched the bajas in a year or so. i switched to brushless savage and stampedes. cheaper, faster, no tuning, still fun rc. probly going to sell the bajas.

when i first got into bajas electric was still expensive or crappy brushed. now its cheaper and really good performance. just how it goes tech changes.
Old 2 Days Ago
Working On It
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (0)
Bahabob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by urjustamemory View Post
People use the economy as an excuse for a lot of things but I seriously think that has a lot to do with it, not everyone has a grand or more to just toss at an RC and then toss more at it for needed accessories.
Could also be market saturation.
Old 1 Day Ago
Baja Expert
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (24)
jbooker82 is on a distinguished road
Things changed about the time the ownership of the forum changed.
Old 1 Day Ago
Baja Freak
Baja Maniac

ctdave is on a distinguished road
I have just moved to RI and have been looking around and finding the same thing. Have'nt touched mine in about a year and was looking for some inspiration.
Old 1 Day Ago
Gasser

tooslow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdave View Post
I have just moved to RI and have been looking around and finding the same thing. Have'nt touched mine in about a year and was looking for some inspiration.
RI?

EDITED to add: oh! Rhode Island. I thought you had meant you moved to a new vehicle or something. I think I need more coffee...
Old 17 Hours Ago
Baja Freak
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (17)
Juice
I sold all my 1/5th scale stuff off a few years ago and only kept my 1/10th scale trucks. Finding time and places to run without ditching the family for hours on end or irritating the neighbors was the main reason I got out. Kids are a little older now and can handle the 10th scale stuff by themselves but I found it a bit boring compared to gas. This past week I happened to stumble across a pretty good deal on a lightly used stock 5SC so I snatched it up. Figured it was a good time to give the 1/5th scale gas another try....only time will tell if I stick with it or not but for now I'm back home on HBF!!
Old 15 Hours Ago
Baja Freak
Baja Maniac

92 vert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
I sold all my 1/5th scale stuff off a few years ago and only kept my 1/10th scale trucks. Finding time and places to run without ditching the family for hours on end or irritating the neighbors was the main reason I got out. Kids are a little older now and can handle the 10th scale stuff by themselves but I found it a bit boring compared to gas. This past week I happened to stumble across a pretty good deal on a lightly used stock 5SC so I snatched it up. Figured it was a good time to give the 1/5th scale gas another try....only time will tell if I stick with it or not but for now I'm back home on HBF!!
Lots of options in the Chicago area for 1/5...

Looks like the Gilbert's bash track may be back soon also.
Old 15 Hours Ago
Baja Freak
Baja Maniac

Juice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 vert View Post
Lots of options in the Chicago area for 1/5...

Looks like the Gilbert's bash track may be back soon also.
Never been to the Gilbert's track, however I'm only about a 10 minute drive from the Irving and Cumberland track. Being the truck is all stock I need to order a kill switch (killer rc or dynamite?) ASAP. Also need a stock plastic wheel nut wrench since that was about the only thing the truck didn't come with.
Old 15 Hours Ago
Baja Freak
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Never been to the Gilbert's track, however I'm only about a 10 minute drive from the Irving and Cumberland track. Being the truck is all stock I need to order a kill switch (killer rc or dynamite?) ASAP. Also need a stock plastic wheel nut wrench since that was about the only thing the truck didn't come with.
I have a stock plastic wrench and a brand new set of aluminum enclosed wheel nuts for sale cheap if your interested. $15
No need for them as i have a 5ive now.
Old 15 Hours Ago
Baja Freak
Baja Maniac

The dynamite switch works great with a 3 channel radio.
I had one and it worked flawless.
Old 15 Hours Ago
Baja Freak
Baja Maniac

Juice
Quote:
I have a stock plastic wrench and a brand new set of aluminum enclosed wheel nuts for sale cheap if your interested. $15
No need for them as i have a 5ive now.
What color are the wheel nuts? SC has gunmetal & black parts so I'd like to stick with those colors.
Old 15 Hours Ago
Baja Freak
Baja Maniac

Quote:
What color are the wheel nuts? SC has gunmetal & black parts so I'd like to stick with those colors.
Raw aluminum.
Old 15 Hours Ago
Baja Freak
Baja Maniac

Juice
Quote:
Raw aluminum.
Hey thanks, but all I really need is a wrench for now. I'll grab one when I order a kill switch.