HPI Racing
Turtle Racing
Killer-RC
LSRC
TFE
FullForceRC
ONeill Brothers
Axis R/C
Use HBF as the coupon code for 5% off!!!
Large Scale RC
Team Phatdad RC

RCMAX Back

Discussion in HPI Baja Engine and Exhaust forum, started by TheClasher.

Hobbico

Old 04-06-2017
Gasser

Trader Feedback: (0)
TheClasher is on a distinguished road
RCMAX Back

Was looking on Rcmax's Fb and saw this,
We are pleased to confirm that RCMAX and the full rights to all their products past and future have changed hands and the engines will be coming back into production during 2017. The Dawsons are fully behind this and will be steering us in the right direction if required.
Being an RCMAX owner, a passionate Largescale enthusiast, heavily involved in the two-stroke industry and very patriotic about British products it made perfect sense. I quickly gained a huge amount of respect for the quality and attention to detail that Ray and Chris put into all their work and would like to continue what they started.
RCMAX Engines deserve a place on the market to offer a high quality option for big bore enthusiasts and we feel very fortunate to have the chance to bring them back from their hibernation. As this is very early in the process, I dont have a great deal of information to share with you but i will keep you up to date as things progress.
What i can say is that we will be continuing with the Tony Green designed pipes, made to the same high standards that RCMAX is famous for. In fact a large quantity of pipes have already been ordered so that they are ready for the re-release of the engine packages. Please bare with us on exactly what configurations will be available but i can confirm now that the proven 46 will be making a come back alongside a 70ish.
We have been collecting feedback for some time now in terms of the positives and negatives (although they are few and far between) of the past RCMAX design and would like to incorporate some small updates into the re-release of the engines to tackle any areas that can be improved.
The biggest thing overall that i want to make clear, is that as a Largescale lover myself, i will do whatever it takes to make things spot, be willing to listen to feedback good or bad and will learn from any mistakes.
Please bare with us for a few months, while production restarts and testing gets underway. We will keep you all up to date as much as possible over the coming weeks.
Lets get it on!

Sounds good
Old 04-07-2017
Working On It
Baja Maniac

Javi2me is on a distinguished road
That means that soon i will....RELEASE THE 46 KRAKEN!
Old 04-07-2017
Secret Decoder Ring Owner
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (70)
Monsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond repute
This is good news

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come Find Me On Facebook-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chris
Old 04-10-2017
Working On It
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (6)
LightForce is on a distinguished road
Nice, good news maybe some day I can have Rcmax 70cc engine back in my losi. That was great experience and fun.
Old 1 Week Ago
Working On It
Baja Maniac

Javi2me is on a distinguished road
So around $1,900 for a 46CC. Totally worth it!
Old 6 Days Ago
Gasser
Baja Maniac

Bahabob is on a distinguished road
No matter what the price its too high(2000 dollar engine for a 800 dollar buggy that you couldn't get 1100 for after the first run and is uncontrollable with a stock 290?) and there are no new Bajas to put them in.
Old 6 Days Ago
Baja Maniac

Monsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond repute
ATTENTION ALL UN REGISTERED MEMBERS

A heads up to ALL UNREGISTERED MEMBERS pm me otherwise ALL of your threads/posts will be removed. There is not a glitch in our software so its either Tapatalk or something else but we need to get it figured out and you registered otherwise NO UNREGISTERED users will be allowed to post a thread or comment..

Please PM me.

Chris
Old 6 Days Ago
Gasser

Like I said before it was deleted- saw on rcmax website

We are making excellent progress along the road to re-release of the RCMAX Billet Reed engines. Our supplier network is pretty much settled and components are now either in stock or currently being made to order.

RCMAX UK are pleased to announce that Crazy Stu’s Design and Fabrication is now the Official RCMAX agent for Australia and New Zealand. Stu is well respected in large scale circles where his eye for detail and wealth of personal experience with both RCMAX and general large-scale motors has been invaluable. Therefore we believe Stu is the perfect man for the job to supply, support, and co-develop the next generation of RCMAX motors and accessories.

RCMAX will also be taking on stock of all popular Crazy Stu Products, and as such the Crazy Stu intake system which will be available as an optional extra on all engine packages with pricing TBC.

For all other worldwide enquiries, please contact us direct at RCMAX in the UK. We have a great relationship with UPS and can have engine packages or spares shipped to your door anywhere in the world, and in a matter of days.

We have built upon the incredible motors as previously developed by Dawsons Two Strokes, and have had success from further R&D across the entire range. We look forward to sharing with you photos and videos of our high performance clutch and motor prototypes in action in over the coming weeks! Safe to say, the few remaining weak points from the past have been dealt with accordingly.

Both RCMAX and Crazy Stu are now accepting written pre-orders for engine packages (with pricing of reflected below) so that we can gauge the interest between engine sizes. Note however that no payments will be taken until accurate delivery dates are confirmed in the very near future.

RCMAX can now confirm pricing on the below packages:

* RCMAX 46cc Engine complete with choice of Walbro 990 or WJ71 carb, RCMAX pipe, and fully revised HD clutch system.

* RCMAX 71cc Engine complete with Walbro WJ71 carb, RCMAX pipe, and fully revised HD clutch system. 1650

* The RCMAX 65 Engine will not be available as soon as the others, as it needs more testing and will most likely be available only as a fully ported motor in order to get the best from the radical bore/stroke combination.

All packages will come with the Cylinders machined for optimum port timings as advised by Chris Dawson with data taken from the best RCMAX engines of the past. This can then be enhanced further with extensive port work if desired.

OPTIONAL EXTRAS:

* Complete Titanium Exhaust System for LOSI (others to come): add 150
* Complete engine porting by Chris Dawson himself: add 250
* Billet Pull start cover: 60
* Crazy Stu Intake System: TBC

Production is on track to allow shipping of the first batch at the end of June, but we are prepared to push this date out if required – as we openly admit we won’t be rushing anything to ensure consistency and the best results for our customers. On behalf of the new team at RCMAX and Crazy Stu Designs and Fabrication, we thank you for your interest and look forward to a high-powered future!!
Old 6 Days Ago
Gasser

Whats the problem with unregistered members now?
Maybe get rid of the whole thing. Find it easier then reseting my long lost password on an old email address. Post via samsung on this account, unregistered on tablet
Old 6 Days Ago
Gasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahabob View Post
No matter what the price its too high(2000 dollar engine for a 800 dollar buggy that you couldn't get 1100 for after the first run and is uncontrollable with a stock 290?) and there are no new Bajas to put them in.
Put it in a 5ive T, what im doing with my 71 when I get one
Old 5 Days Ago
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClasher View Post
Whats the problem with unregistered members now?
Maybe get rid of the whole thing. Find it easier then reseting my long lost password on an old email address. Post via samsung on this account, unregistered on tablet
All threads/posts will be removed that are posted by unregistered members.
Why because half appear to be spam. If their not spam the person needs to PM me.

Chris
Old 4 Days Ago
Gasser
Baja Maniac

Bahabob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClasher View Post
Put it in a 5ive T, what im doing with my 71 when I get one
But I already have a billet engine in my 5ive T.
Old 4 Days Ago
RegisteredTheClashe

Trader Feedback: ()
Build another one lmao, yea I hear ya though, I'm building a new truck for the 71
Old 3 Days Ago
Working On It

Traction Hobby is on a distinguished road
In the HPI forum,can't see photos,right? Photo is not allowed?
Really want to see and waiting the new coming back.Large rc.I like it.