HPIBajaForumHPIBajaForum  

Go Back   HPIBajaForum > HPI Baja Garage > General Baja 5B Buggy Discussions

Sponsors
RC Discount Search

DGI Racing
Use HBF as the coupon code for 5% off!!!
HPI Racing
Turtle Racing
Team Phatdad RC
Large Scale RC
ONeill Brothers
FullForceRC
Killer-RC
TFE
LSRC
Axis R/C

HPI future

Discussion in General Baja 5B Buggy Discussions forum, started by oxygen.

Hobbico

Old 4 Days Ago
Advertiser
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (0)
ddmdave is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction Hobby View Post
I also want to know if HPI will design new cars.Anybody who knows when the HPI New car comes out.Not just change body or parts.A totally new car.
I met with both UK and USA-based representatives from HPI last week in Las Vegas, during the NRHSA show.

A few things:

1. Parts are underway, they are doing everything possible to get parts back in stock, expect to see parts availability increase dramatically for the better by late summer. From here on out, things should be a lot better.

2. HPI is still designing new cars, and they still have dedicated R&D staff at HPI's California-based facility. I wouldn't expect to see a fully re-designed 5th scale vehicle from HPI be released any time soon, as they are working on parts availability and several other more critical matters first. But in the next few years? Seems quite likely.

Bottom line, HPI is still in business, there have been problems due to production facilities changing and management changing, and it has been a real mess for them to put things back together, but they are heading in the right direction again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use coupon code "hbf" for 5% off!
Follow DDM and view "Deals of the Day" on Twitter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 4 Days Ago
Gasser

StormdriverOne is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmdave View Post
2. HPI is still designing new cars, and they still have dedicated R&D staff at HPI's California-based facility.
Apparently, those don't count because they aren't Baja's. The dedicated R&D staff doesn't count if they aren't designing new Baja's and the company doesn't count because it's not making new Baja's.

HPI might as well just roll over and die now. Any possibility of a new 1/5 scale design will depend on the success of these new models. If people on a forum dedicated to an HPI model won't support them as they attempt to come back into a more crowded market, then there's probably not much hope of ever seeing a new 1/5 scale design from them again.
Old 4 Days Ago
Gasser
Baja Maniac

Bahabob is on a distinguished road

This is a gas forum
This is a 1/5 scale forum

Are we going to get excited about something that is not something we discuss here? no

Are we disappointed with HPI? yes

Is it our fault HPI hurt their own reputation? no

Are we obligated to support HPI sales? no

Will some of us buy from HPI again? probably

Will I buy from HPI again? nope I've moved on they are done.

Will everyone buy from HPI again? no

Can a manufacturer expect brand loyalty when they abandon their customers?

No f@#$g way

Those are the facts, deal with it. The rc market is as fickle as they come, one false move and you go from hero to zero overnight.
Want proof? look at HPI
Old 4 Days Ago

Milo78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahabob View Post

This is a gas forum
This is a 1/5 scale forum

Are we going to get excited about something that is not something we discuss here? no

Are we disappointed with HPI? yes

Is it our fault HPI hurt their own reputation? no

Are we obligated to support HPI sales? no

Will some of us buy from HPI again? probably

Will I buy from HPI again? nope I've moved on they are done.

Will everyone buy from HPI again? no

Can a manufacturer expect brand loyalty when they abandon their customers?

No f@#$g way

Those are the facts, deal with it. The rc market is as fickle as they come, one false move and you go from hero to zero overnight.
Want proof? look at HPI
Hey Bob,

I don't know you but that is a very cynical view. I'm not sure that you understand economics or business but either way it is not simple.

I will support a company or product I like, even if they are not perfect or doing what I want. If it was easy we would all do it. I like HPI, and if they have had challenges and are able to overcome them, then that is admirable.

Every time I look at my cars I am happy and proud, I just need them (HPI) to start making some spares so I continue to have some fun. This is what it is all about.

Losi don't make the Mini anymore.......so what. Stop buying them and their parts????

Your argument is narrow minded. All companies are fickle and are subject to change, the successful ones are the ones that can overcome the global issues that face them all. HPI are never going to be Apple or Microsoft, but that doesn't make them bad. How's Pontiac or Yahoo getting on over there??

Regards,

Milo.
Old 3 Days Ago
Gasser
Baja Maniac

I'm am stating the facts of the matter,cheap buzz words and insults don't help your point.(whatever that is)
We aren't a bunch of 14 yo groupies here, many are middle aged, we don't fool around.Can't get parts for a car or anything else for that matter and it becomes worthless, it gets replaced.
I know business quite well, selling to the rc market for a number of years I know if you leave your customers hanging you are done, There is no loyalty, people are not going to buy products they don't want or need to keep your business afloat.
If you make a promise and don't come through you can expect to pay the consequences, customers are not going to wait for a couple of years for parts and then swoon all over you when you actually do something.
They are going to spend their money somewhere else and not come back to you and spend the money again, that just does not happen in the real world.
I was going to buy a 5R, it never came out and I spent the money on other toys (guns) that money is spent, its done, I moved on and not going back to them.
Not everyone is going to feel this way, but the facts are the facts, HPI lets us down.Shame on them.
Old 3 Days Ago
Baja Freak
Baja Maniac

nitrocat is on a distinguished road
HPI future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahabob View Post
I'm am stating the facts of the matter,cheap buzz words and insults don't help your point.(whatever that is)
We aren't a bunch of 14 yo groupies here, many are middle aged, we don't fool around.Can't get parts for a car or anything else for that matter and it becomes worthless, it gets replaced.
I know business quite well, selling to the rc market for a number of years I know if you leave your customers hanging you are done, There is no loyalty, people are not going to buy products they don't want or need to keep your business afloat.
If you make a promise and don't come through you can expect to pay the consequences, customers are not going to wait for a couple of years for parts and then swoon all over you when you actually do something.
They are going to spend their money somewhere else and not come back to you and spend the money again, that just does not happen in the real world.
I was going to buy a 5R, it never came out and I spent the money on other toys (guns) that money is spent, its done, I moved on and not going back to them.
Not everyone is going to feel this way, but the facts are the facts, HPI lets us down.Shame on them.

Your right but you also left out that most people are in Rc for 5 years max
Yes there's exceptions to that me and some others
Me 30 years and I've seen a lot of up's and downs in it
But the facts are Hpi has made a choice to be in racing 1/10 and 1/8 and they are going to live and die there
They already have died there and sold to another company and there trying to succeed there also
So parts yes new 1/5 no way
Even the big 1/5 races are not racing
East Coast Nationals
Power jam all gone Horizion is trying to replace pow jam but that's to little to late
So for now most have moved on to other things and some check back in
To see what's going on
For me it's 1/8 nitro
Old 3 Days Ago
Baja Freak
Baja Maniac

LowFlier is on a distinguished road
1/5th scale is a niche scale in a niche market. We are lucky that we ever get anything new at all. When companies struggle at more common scales it's hard to expect much love for an uncommon scale like ours.

Old 2 Days Ago
Gasser
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Your right but you also left out that most people are in Rc for 5 years max
The guys I know and me have been doing RC for a long time.When I talk about rc I don't include or even consider the transients, I am talking about guys in it for the long haul.