HPIBajaForumHPIBajaForum  

Go Back   HPIBajaForum > HPI Baja Garage > HPI Baja Suspension and Drivetrain

Sponsors
RC Discount Search

Team Phatdad RC
LSRC
FullForceRC
Use HBF as the coupon code for 5% off!!!
Killer-RC
Axis R/C
TFE
DGI Racing
Turtle Racing
ONeill Brothers
Large Scale RC
HPI Racing

Darksould V2 Rear Axle Extenders

Discussion in HPI Baja Suspension and Drivetrain forum, started by Brevillance.

Turtle Racing Products

Old 12-07-2016
Gasser

Trader Feedback: (0)
Brevillance is on a distinguished road
Darksould V2 Rear Axle Extenders

Soooooo,

I bought some V2 extenders (fronts went on smooth, for the most part )

Threw on some stuff working front to back, and then went to but the rear extenders on; My problem is...

They didnt fit. If i try to to put them on the right way, they dont fit, but if i put the threaded portion first, it slides on no issue. The original SS wheel hex slides on no issue, and the threaded first slides on no issue. If i try to put them on (either, on either side) the proper way, they dont even get past the very tip.

I thought about lube, but its not that its a tight fit, it just doesnt fit at all. Most of the stuff i found was the old V1 or after they had the retrofit kit, or just general questions and no one had this issue.

Am i doing it wrong? I would assume you would just slip it over, slap the pin through and install as the original hex would. So the question is,

Are they just a manufacturer defect? i find it hard to believe both would not fit. I tried both on both sides and neither slid on, even with force.

Advice?
Old 12-08-2016
Secret Decoder Ring Owner
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (70)
Monsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterman has a reputation beyond repute
Can you post some pictures??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come Find Me On Facebook-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chris
Old 02-14-2017
Gasser

crankestein is on a distinguished road
Yeah, that would definitely help, some pictures.

Cant believe in this age where cameras are dime a dozen and uploading is not that difficult to figure out.
Old 02-14-2017
Contributor - Baja
Gasser

roadrashracing is on a distinguished road
This site is very hard to post pictures on unless you use a third party site which I'm not a big fan of.
Old 02-14-2017
Gasser

Brevillance is on a distinguished road
Kind of forgot about this post, i intended to post pictures but none of mine were "allowed" because they were to big. Ill get some pictures soon, going to give them a go here today or tomorrow since my brother has a 5th coming in so we have some pre-run maintenance to do we will take a second look at the extenders.

Also, @Crank, i know how to upload, i know cameras are everywhere and i understand pictures help. I used my phone, i posted this on my PC. I forgot to transfer them at the time, i figured i described it well enough to give people an idea of my problem anyhow
Old 02-14-2017
Contributor - All
Baja Maniac

Bergheim is on a distinguished road
IME the axle hub can deform around the pin hole from the torque applied to the wheels. I had to grind them down a little to get the DS extenders on. No problems after that. I suspect the DS extenders are made with tighter clearance against the axle hub than the stock parts but I might be wrong.
Old 02-14-2017
1/5th Scaler

TheClasher is on a distinguished road
I had the same issues with dgi extenders and irp brp hubs

Old 02-22-2017

Zman_47 is on a distinguished road
what diff cups are you using? are they stock hpi 5b, 5sc or a king motor or *@*@*@*@*@ version? if they are king motor that might be the issue?