Team Phatdad RC
Micro Hobby US
HPI Racing
FullForceRC
Axis R/C
ONeill Brothers
TFE
DGI Racing
Use HBF as the coupon code for 5% off!!!

Which exhaust to get? Bartolone or CPI

Discussion in HPI Baja Engine and Exhaust forum, started by Lucid4000.

Daves Motors

Old 05-01-2012, 06:15 AM
Baja Freak
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (5)
Which exhaust to get? Bartolone or CPI

I am having trouble picking out a new exhaust. I am looking at the Bartolone Afterburner and the CPI BB. I am currently running a OBR 30.5 LR Full Mod. I def want the best exhaust I can get. But I dont like side mounted pipes and want something that's protected. Any help would be great.

OBR 30.5 Full Mod LR | DDM Dominator Fast Pipe | TR HD Clutch System & Housing | RCR Brakes | Hitec Throttle & Steering servos | TR Front & Rear Shock Mounts | TGN Redneck Filter | Threshold Rezzies V1 | RPM A-Arms Full Truck | Team Chase Shock Tower | HBZ Skid Plate |
Old 05-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (1)
Bartolone all the time.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Baja Maniac

Get the CPI. It is so much more protected. And the difference in performance is negligible. I have had Both pipes.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (0)
i tried the afterburner once. did'nt like it. those are a track pipe anyway. been runn'in a cpi sb for 2 years now it is an impressive pipe.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Baja Addict
Baja Maniac

cpi racing tune or cpi bb?
Old 05-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Baja Expert
Baja Maniac

OBR uses VRC Pro pipes on their engines ...
Old 05-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Baja Expert
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (56)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastsr20 View Post
Get the CPI. It is so much more protected. And the difference in performance is negligible. I have had Both pipes.
I have both as well and I disagree with the performance difference. the torpedo pulls way harder than CPI does. The CPI definitely smoothed out the power of the engine and does not rev as well as the torpedo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid4000 View Post
I am having trouble picking out a new exhaust. I am looking at the Bartolone Afterburner and the CPI BB. I am currently running a OBR 30.5 LR Full Mod. I def want the best exhaust I can get. But I dont like side mounted pipes and want something that's protected. Any help would be great.
As for the original poster you have already answered your own question with your initial statement. You have already decided on the rear mounted pipe. As for me, I have ruined twice as many rear pipes than I have side pipes. Cartwheels do major damage and the
Baja loves to go end over end. That's my $0.02

Last edited by logon69; 05-01-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Baja Freak
Baja Maniac

Both pipes are rear mounted. I just don't know which one is a better pipe. One of my buddies is running the CPI BB and it's a real nice pipe. But Bartolone has a pretty good reputation.

CPI BB

Bartolone Afterburner

Old 05-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Baja Expert
Baja Maniac

Sorry. I forgot that Chris made the afterburner too. I had the hornet for a short time. The CPI definitely makes a lot more power and Rpm.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Banned
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (36)
Have you ever considered a vrc bb?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Baja Freak
Baja Maniac

Side pipes on a B are decently protected... when I was doing speed runs through a rough dirt field Las weekend I had a few wrecks and besides getting all dusty my VRC pro side pipe was fine.

I used to not like side pipes either but I'm really happy with mine now. It was money well spent!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Banned
Baja Maniac

I had a buggy before it got converted into a 5t and I ran a vrc bb side mount for the longest time, doing roll overs, cart wheels, etc.... an never had any damage to the pipe, 2 yrs later I still have the same pipe
Old 05-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Baja Maniac

My first day our I dented my vrc pro pipe pretty bad. Luckily the freezer got it out. The CPI BB is my last pipe. I love it
Old 05-02-2012, 04:48 AM
Baja Freak
Baja Maniac

Thanks everyone. Yeh I have been thinking about getting the VRC BB. But I just don't like the way it looks. And I know that's prob the one of the best to get.

OBR 30.5 Full Mod LR | DDM Dominator Fast Pipe | TR HD Clutch System & Housing | RCR Brakes | Hitec Throttle & Steering servos | TR Front & Rear Shock Mounts | TGN Redneck Filter | Threshold Rezzies V1 | RPM A-Arms Full Truck | Team Chase Shock Tower | HBZ Skid Plate |
Old 05-02-2012, 06:13 AM
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (9)
Since you asked Iam prob going with the Torpedo for my TS 29.5 if I don't keep the CPI.

Last edited by Nylefty31; 05-02-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Banned
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid4000 View Post
Thanks everyone. Yeh I have been thinking about getting the VRC BB. But I just don't like the way it looks. And I know that's prob the one of the best to get.

Really, you dont like the way it looks? I think it is one of the top 3 best looking pipes
Old 05-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylefty31 View Post
Since you asked Iam prob going with the Torpedo for my TS 29.5 if I don't keep the CPI.
If i remember you have the regular cpi? From the research ive done you should upgrade to the big bore version with the motor your running, from what ive read you will see a differance in rev limit and all around torque.

lucid, I have a zen 290 and all i do is bash. just ordered the cpi bb due to consealment of unit. Ill post up how it is after i install and run it (tomorrow).

does anyone have any good pics of the above mentioned side pipe? Can never have too many exhausts lying around..

Mike.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Banned
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja in NH View Post
If i remember you have the regular cpi? From the research ive done you should upgrade to the big bore version with the motor your running, from what ive read you will see a differance in rev limit and all around torque.

lucid, I have a zen 290 and all i do is bash. just ordered the cpi bb due to consealment of unit. Ill post up how it is after i install and run it (tomorrow).

does anyone have any good pics of the above mentioned side pipe? Can never have too many exhausts lying around..

Mike.
Ya ill post some later tonight
Old 05-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Baja Expert
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylefty31 View Post
CPI makes way better on a PP that it does on a reed. I've tried several now and keep going back to the torpedo and victory pro pipe.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Baja Expert
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja in NH View Post

Mike.
VIctory RC BB

Same pipe painted

Pro pipe

Original silenced victory

Original rear victory

Last edited by logon69; 05-02-2012 at 04:10 PM.