W.S.E
Tulare Hobbies
Vertigo Performance
Turtle Racing
Oniell Brothers
FullForceRC
Axis R/C
HPI Racing
Use HBF as the coupon code for 5% off!!!
Team Phatdad RC
DGI Racing
Large Scale RC
Micro Hobby US

FLM Arms (billet)

Discussion in HPI Baja Suspension and Drivetrain forum, started by dunebasher.

Turtle Racing Products

Old 05-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Banned
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (36)
Question FLM Arms (billet)

So I am looking to get some FLM arms either in standard or extended but is their any advantage over the extended to the stock other then length? Like will it handle better due to it bein wider, but also how are the FLM extended dog bones? Also if you have some pics will you please post them?

Thanks
Old 05-01-2012, 09:09 PM
TeK

Trader Feedback: ()
I have the extended and loved the handling so much I put it on all of my baja's. Turns better and less chance of roll overs. When it flips it seems to land on the wheels more then before. The extra width is nice. I have bashed the hell out of them. Life time warranty. Never had an issue with the bones at all and like I said I bash hard off huge jumps. However I know people that have had issues but not sure they greased them right or what the issue was.

One of my favorite upgrades for sure. It's an old pic and it was sunny as hell that day so there is a lot of glare. They are all in pieces right now or I would snap some better ones.

Last edited by TeK; 05-01-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:55 AM
Banned
Baja Maniac

I know this might seem stupid but do you lose any power with the ext version? I say this because with the longer dog bones that it might take more power to turn the longer dogbones to get the tires to spin

Old 05-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Banned
Baja Maniac

Anyone else?
Old 05-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Contributor - Baja
Baja Maniac

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunebasher View Post
Anyone else?
Do you want it for looks ? or something else ?

Well here is my 0.02

FLM arms looked nice, but as I was running my 5b more, it felt really wider than required, sure it was planted. But, I found my better setup

Rear: PD arms, Overkill A-arm (black)
Front: Vanquish arms (Black)

And Vertigo extenders, that as sweet as it gets in terms of looks and performance. Vanquish arms are a bit wider than stockers but since baja is wider at rear, it will be have same track front/back with Vanquish arms. You can maintain the stock wider rear track if you use rear only extenders. sure its a bit heavier than stock plastic, but it will last forever.

The good thing about this setup is that you can use any of the HD dog bones offered, with extended arms, you are stuck with FLM.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Banned
Baja Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayyaaf View Post
Do you want it for looks ? or something else ?

Well here is my 0.02

FLM arms looked nice, but as I was running my 5b more, it felt really wider than required, sure it was planted. But, I found my better setup

Rear: PD arms, Overkill A-arm (black)
Front: Vanquish arms (Black)

And Vertigo extenders, that as sweet as it gets in terms of looks and performance. Vanquish arms are a bit wider than stockers but since baja is wider at rear, it will be have same track front/back with Vanquish arms. You can maintain the stock wider rear track if you use rear only extenders. sure its a bit heavier than stock plastic, but it will last forever.

The good thing about this setup is that you can use any of the HD dog bones offered, with extended arms, you are stuck with FLM.
Stability, handling an to keep me from breaking front arms